Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All of our lectures are recorded, so I've never recorded them on my own, but I didn't know that OneNote could do that! I'll have to let one of my classmates know, I'm sure she'll find it useful. I tend to not hear what is being said while I'm writing, so I re-listen to the entire lecture to make sure I heard everything (which I never do). I am pretty happy with my surface pro and OneNote. I showed a few of my mac-user classmates today, and they were pretty impressed.Do you record the lecture audio in OneNote as well? I find the microphones on pretty much all the tablets I've ever used to be really subpar, but a small little USB mic that lives in the port can be really helpful if you go this route.
If you use OneNote to record the audio then it automatically syncs with your writing on the page. You can go back and click on any piece of your handwriting and it will play the recording from that exact spot. If you go into the advanced options as well, you can set up search to scan audio. So, for example, if you remember your professor talking about canned beans, you can just search for "canned beans" and it will actually find that in the audio. Pretty damn amazing.
I have no idea why canned beans was the first thing that came to mind.
