what classes to take before DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT has gen biology.
I already took gen bio 1&2, and got A and B+ respectively.
I think I did pretty well in gen bio classes but when I see DAT bio, they r really hard. I mean for real. they are super hard. it's not because they r random, I just feel like i've never seen those problems or those words in the problems.

I am taking Cell biology now and i think it's helping me alot.

some ppl say all u need is gen bio and cell bio only goes more in detail so u don't need to know cell bio. But I think gen bio is not enough!

After I finish cell bio this semester, i am gonna take animal then plant, micro, genetic....

do u think i should take DAT after finishing all these bio courses or is gen bio really good enough??

Members don't see this ad.

DAT has gen biology.
I already took gen bio 1&2, and got A and B+ respectively.
I think I did pretty well in gen bio classes but when I see DAT bio, they r really hard. I mean for real. they are super hard. it's not because they r random, I just feel like i've never seen those problems or those words in the problems.

I am taking Cell biology now and i think it's helping me alot.

some ppl say all u need is gen bio and cell bio only goes more in detail so u don't need to know cell bio. But I think gen bio is not enough!

After I finish cell bio this semester, i am gonna take animal then plant, micro, genetic....

do u think i should take DAT after finishing all these bio courses or is gen bio really good enough??

General biology covers everything you need for the DAT, but the problem is because intro bio doesn't go into detail in all the specific areas you are likely to forget most of what you learned. You can definitly take the test after intro bio, just make sure you review everything thoroughly from your college text book and some othe DAT books. If you feel you really need help, take the Kaplan class. If you have another year or two until you plan on taking the DAT, I suggest the following bio courses - cell biology, molecular biology, physiology, genetics, and ecology.

General biology covers everything you need for the DAT, but the problem is because intro bio doesn't go into detail in all the specific areas you are likely to forget most of what you learned. You can definitly take the test after intro bio, just make sure you review everything thoroughly from your college text book and some othe DAT books. If you feel you really need help, take the Kaplan class. If you have another year or two until you plan on taking the DAT, I suggest the following bio courses - cell biology, molecular biology, physiology, genetics, and ecology.

Thank you~ by the way, what about animal biology and plant biology?

take ecology if you can. plant bio isn't that important for the dat. i had maybe 1 plant bio question and it is coverd in kaplan blue book. don't forget to take human physiology 1 and 2. they are very helpful for the dat and for dental school.