Ding2daDong

10+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2007
Tampa, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Just wondering what are the preferred classes to take before the DAT? I am in my second year of CC and am trying to plan ahead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Matthew

:)

Danny0230

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Just wondering what are the preferred classes to take before the DAT? I am in my second year of CC and am trying to plan ahead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Matthew

:)

definites - bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, orgo 1 and 2

others that will help - physiology, anatomy, micro, cell, molecular, genetics, biochem, zoology, evolution, ecology

About the Ads

blankguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
If you want to see what is covered, go to a bookstore and skim through the Kaplan DAT book.

I recommend taking anatomy before taking the DAT even though it is not official a prereq. I think Bio tends to be a bit more of a crap shoot as to what questions comes up in the test. This will prepare you better for the Bio section.

USU24

Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I never took anatomy and I thought that the kaplan book did a fine job of preparing my for the depth of anatomy questions asked on the DAT.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.