What constitutes research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kovalevskaya

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently work on clinical trials as a study coordinator. Does this constitute research? I obviously am not the one writing the protocols, but I do know how to run a clinical trial because of this job.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No.

The nature of Science, as LizzyM has pointed out, is to ask a question in the form of having a hypothesis, and then answer it. But descriptive Science is still Science. So if you're researching clams in Tahiti, that's still research.


I currently work on clinical trials as a study coordinator. Does this constitute research? I obviously am not the one writing the protocols, but I do know how to run a clinical trial because of this job.