What counts as a presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xc_stallion92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For instance, in the two summers following my junior and senior years I was a research intern at a hospital. At the end of the summer, all of the students presented the research they had done to the medical and research staff of the hospital as well as administrative personnel. It was not a formal conference or anything like that. Would this count?

Members don't see this ad.

For instance, in the two summers following my junior and senior years I was a research intern at a hospital. At the end of the summer, all of the students presented the research they had done to the medical and research staff of the hospital as well as administrative personnel. It was not a formal conference or anything like that. Would this count?
Generally no.

Posters at a regional, national, or global conference is the norm.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A poster presentation would count if it was for your School Departmental Honors and you had to present it to your Biology department staff at a poster conference.

This usually is the culmination of your research after 2 semesters of credit.

I opted to write a paper. Thinking back, doing a poster over my research would have been way easier.

I did the same thing as you and at the end of the internship there was a poster presentation where we would present our work to faculty. The top three posters were awarded prizes. I think this can count as a poster presentation if it was something formally designated as a day such as "undergrad research symposium" like it was at my internship. If it was just a casual have a couple PIs from your floor come to your lab meeting when you present your work no that wouldn't count.

There was no poster. I put together a slideshow and gave a 15 minute presentation in an auditorium in front of 50 or so faculty members.

University-wide undergrad research symposiums are usually the smallest events that count.

Reactions: 1 users