-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What courses are you taking?
Started by delano2000
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Calc I (requirement for UMN), Biochem (requirement for UC), Women in Popular Music (fine art requirement for UofA). I really dislike the fact that so many schools have different pre-reqs. It is rather annoying and somewhat costly. I decided to just take them all and see what happens...gotta keep playin' the game, if you know what I mean.
Calc I (requirement for UMN), Biochem (requirement for UC), Women in Popular Music (fine art requirement for UofA). I really dislike the fact that so many schools have different pre-reqs. It is rather annoying and somewhat costly. I decided to just take them all and see what happens...gotta keep playin' the game, if you know what I mean.
I am with you on that. I will be taking Biochem to satisfy the requirements for one school as well along with having to retake Biology since I took the wrong one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Biochem II
Molecular Immunology
Microbiology Lab
Calculus II
Music Theory
English Lit from Non-Western Cultures
Needless to say, I'm enjoying my break while it lasts.
Molecular Immunology
Microbiology Lab
Calculus II
Music Theory
English Lit from Non-Western Cultures
Needless to say, I'm enjoying my break while it lasts.
I'm trying to satisfy my biology major requirements along with the requirements of all the pharmacy schools as well.
Anatomy and Physiology 1 + Lab
Anatomy and Physiology 2 + Lab
Calculus 3
Physical Chemistry
Sheesh, what area of Bio are you concentrating in that requires Calc III and P-Chem? I need a semester of P-Chem for my Biochem major and I think it's rather unnecessary.
Analytical Chem I
Elementary Physics I
Intro to Statistics
Microbiology

Elementary Physics I
Intro to Statistics
Microbiology

Biochem II
Molecular Immunology
Microbiology Lab
Calculus II
Music Theory
English Lit from Non-Western Cultures
Needless to say, I'm enjoying my break while it lasts.
Damn (can I say damn on here?
). Some of y'all are taking some monster classes. My classes fail to compare to some of these.NOTHING.
And I'm really bored.
Considering taking an Arabic or Farsi booster course though to keep sharp.
And I'm really bored.
Considering taking an Arabic or Farsi booster course though to keep sharp.
seems like i've been reading your posts on here forever, so it's kinda weird to see that you have so many pre-requisites left to take. makes your stated g.p.a. seem much less impressive. not trying to be a jerk, and i'm sure you'll have an impressive g.p.a. once you've finished your pre-req.s, but it just surprised me is all i'm saying.
my schedule for spring is really gross:
biochem II
p. chem II
biochem lab
senior research
microbio + lab
linear algebra and differential equations (calc IV)
computational genomics
Lol. Just to clarify a couple of things, this would have been my last semester, however there was a mix up with my Biology credits. I took the Bio course for non science majors unknowingly, since that was the only Bio class that my school offered at the time. Hence, now I have to retake Biology (the one for science majors) come next fall so as to not burden myself this semester because I am already taking 17 credit hrs. I figured since I have to take the 2 semesters of Gen. Bio in the Fall, why not be productive and take some additional courses that are not a part of the pre-reqs for most schools. It can't really hurt. I already have about 80 credit hrs ending last fall. Plus, I joined SDN last summer so I haven't been on here that long so I am a little confused as to what you mean by "reading my posts on here forever".
NOTHING.
And I'm really bored.
Considering taking an Arabic or Farsi booster course though to keep sharp.
Congrats on getting into UOP. I am thinking of applying out there for 2011.
Congrats on getting into UOP. I am thinking of applying out there for 2011.
It'd be great to finally meet your hot Mediterranean self!
It'd be great to finally meet your hot Mediterranean self!
I am actually Caribbean lol but that's whats up. Maybe I can get a tour of the Bay area.I am taking :
Orgo. chem II
Orgo chem II lab
Microbiology
Microbiology lab
social psychology
Government I
Orgo labs are a beast for me coz they are time consuming (6 hours)
Orgo. chem II
Orgo chem II lab
Microbiology
Microbiology lab
social psychology
Government I
Orgo labs are a beast for me coz they are time consuming (6 hours)
I am taking :
Orgo. chem II
Orgo chem II lab
Microbiology
Microbiology lab
social psychology
Government I
Orgo labs are a beast for me coz they are time consuming (6 hours)
Damn. Mine is a little over 4 hours on Mondays only.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sheesh, what area of Bio are you concentrating in that requires Calc III and P-Chem? I need a semester of P-Chem for my Biochem major and I think it's rather unnecessary.
I agree with you completely! I had no choice but to agree to those classes though since it was the requirement. Bio majors at my school are required to take up to calculus 3 and since I am minoring in chemistry, I have to take p-chem.
I am taking :
Orgo. chem II
Orgo chem II lab
Microbiology
Microbiology lab
social psychology
Government I
Orgo labs are a beast for me coz they are time consuming (6 hours)
DANGGGG....six hours is insane. Do ya'll get lunch/brunch breaks? I think I'd go crazy if I'm stuck in a lab for more than 6 hours.
I agree with you completely! I had no choice but to agree to those classes though since it was the requirement. Bio majors at my school are required to take up to calculus 3 and since I am minoring in chemistry, I have to take p-chem.
Same here, Bio majors have to take upto cal III and non-calculus based physics II at my university.
seems like i've been reading your posts on here forever, so it's kinda weird to see that you have so many pre-requisites left to take. makes your stated g.p.a. seem much less impressive. not trying to be a jerk, and i'm sure you'll have an impressive g.p.a. once you've finished your pre-req.s, but it just surprised me is all i'm saying.
Don't stroke that ego too hard, you might lose the sensation.
Damn (can I say damn on here?). Some of y'all are taking some monster classes. My classes fail to compare to some of these.
I'll gladly take my schedule to yours with 3 math intensive classes!
.
Last edited:
DANGGGG....six hours is insane. Do ya'll get lunch/brunch breaks? I think I'd go crazy if I'm stuck in a lab for more than 6 hours.
Nope..no breaks except for restroom
but time flies in there.I'll gladly take my schedule to yours with 3 math intensive classes!
That is the only downside this semester. The only pro I can think of is that none of these classes are "boring" as compared to some of the ones I took last Fall. Hopefully this semester will be a lot better. I am a little worried about the Calculus class more than anything else lol.
A good "pro" is you not getting left out of next year's pharmacy class, IMO, my mulatto friend.
Analytical Chem I
Elementary Physics I
Intro to Statistics
Microbiology
![]()
Who's your instructor for Microbio? Mine was Tarasenko when I took it at UALR.
ouch! that's a lot of science 🙁physio lab
ochem lab
anatomy lecture/lab
ochem II
micro seminar
my entire semester is basically lab after lab after lab.
last semester as an undergrad! yessss
i'm taking 2 sciences and even that seems like a lot to me! but good luck 🙂
my schedule for next semester is
anatomy and physiology 1
microbiology (w/ lab)
eng 102
statistics
&
microecon
I still don't have my schedule figured out yet...but here is where I am at
Orgo II
Analytical chem
Freshman chem II (my school wont transfer my credit, so I have to retake)
Physics II
And I was thinking about throwing on public speaking...or maybe a history class for my gen ed stuff.
What do you guys think? I have a lot of responsibilities at home so I don't want to overload myself.
Orgo II
Analytical chem
Freshman chem II (my school wont transfer my credit, so I have to retake)
Physics II
And I was thinking about throwing on public speaking...or maybe a history class for my gen ed stuff.
What do you guys think? I have a lot of responsibilities at home so I don't want to overload myself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still don't have my schedule figured out yet...but here is where I am at
Orgo II
Analytical chem
Freshman chem II (my school wont transfer my credit, so I have to retake)
Physics II
And I was thinking about throwing on public speaking...or maybe a history class for my gen ed stuff.
What do you guys think? I have a lot of responsibilities at home so I don't want to overload myself.
Organic and Physics in the same semester will be quite a bit of work. Analytical chem will depend on your teacher.
Who's your instructor for Microbio? Mine was Tarasenko when I took it at UALR.
I'm taking it with Lynch... heard he's pretty thorough, you'll work hard in his class but you'll learn a whole lot or so I'm told.
I'm taking it with Lynch... heard he's pretty thorough, you'll work hard in his class but you'll learn a whole lot or so I'm told.
I sit close to 4 people who have taken pre-req courses at UALR. I could ask them if they remember Lynch.
A good "pro" is you not getting left out of next year's pharmacy class, IMO, my mulatto friend.
Lol and why do you think that? I won't start (hopefully) till 2011.
Lol and why do you think that? I won't start (hopefully) till 2011.
I don't know, I remember a thread while back you said that you wouldn't be able to make it into the next class, but then I figured you found a way to manage it by taking an insane course load... Woops, there I go assuming 😛
Sorry!
I don't know, I remember a thread while back you said that you wouldn't be able to make it into the next class, but then I figured you found a way to manage it by taking an insane course load... Woops, there I go assuming 😛
Sorry!
Well my schedule this semester is all pretty much math based. I could not fit the Gen. Bio into this semester so I counted my losses and decided to hold off for an extra year and in the mean time to make myself a much stronger candidate for the next round of apps. I am looking to get some work experience as a tech so I think this is the best route to take. So fingers crossed.

My schedule is:
Organic II, Physics II, U.S. History II, First Aid and Safety, and Government and politics.
I was hoping to hear back that I was accepted to a pharmacy school before the semester started so I could drop Physics II which I am only taking so that I can graduate next year with a biochemistry degree if I don't get into school this year, as well as the First aid and safety class that I only had to take to satisfy an upper division elective credit for if I am going to graduate. Gosh it would sure lighten my load on this semester to get into pharmacy school for next year. Guess ill have to suck it up anyway and still hope for the best.
As for the government and politics, I had to find another social sciences class to satisfy prereq's.
Organic II, Physics II, U.S. History II, First Aid and Safety, and Government and politics.
I was hoping to hear back that I was accepted to a pharmacy school before the semester started so I could drop Physics II which I am only taking so that I can graduate next year with a biochemistry degree if I don't get into school this year, as well as the First aid and safety class that I only had to take to satisfy an upper division elective credit for if I am going to graduate. Gosh it would sure lighten my load on this semester to get into pharmacy school for next year. Guess ill have to suck it up anyway and still hope for the best.
As for the government and politics, I had to find another social sciences class to satisfy prereq's.Here's my n00bie schedule 😀:
- Gen. Chem II w/ lab
- Gen. Bio II w/ lab
- Pre-cal
- Stats
- Gen. Chem II w/ lab
- Gen. Bio II w/ lab
- Pre-cal
- Stats
I haven't been able to post much since my schedule's had me hopping.
- Genetics
- University Physics I
- Govt II
- "Fundamentals of Music- Musical Skills" (needed a performing arts credit)
- TA for Gen Chem I
- Genetics
- University Physics I
- Govt II
- "Fundamentals of Music- Musical Skills" (needed a performing arts credit)
- TA for Gen Chem I
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 12K
S
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
S
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 6K