What did you do the day before?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwan14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take the test Tuesday. I've been averaging around 9 hours a day 6 days a week for around 2 months total. I'm just thinking about Monday and if I should just maintain my normal routine or cut back? What did you all do the day before? Just curious

Members don't see this ad.

I avged 9 ish hour days as well leading up to exam. The day before I climbed for 4 hours and biked 10 miles. I did what I called a light 3 hour review (split into 3 different 1 hour segments over the day). I watched Ip Man and fell asleep.

I did part of the 2009 test the day before, but I didn't time it or rush myself. After that, I spent a few hours making a few more notecards (talk about last minute...) and ran through all of the notecards I made right before dinner. One of my best friends actually came over to my house after dinner intending to quiz me on all of the notecards, but we ended up just goofing off and talking, which was awesome and helped calm my nerves

Tomorrow will be my "day before" and I can guarantee that I'll spend the entire day sobbing and rolling around on the floor.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, I spent the day before with a good breakfast, spent time outside listening to music, then quickly went over some review notes I made. Had a really hearty family dinner and just relaxed. You worked hard for the last couple months its time to just have faith in yourself and take on the DAT. My biggest worry was letting my nerves get to me, so didn't want to stress to much about it and not get any sleep. You studied hard! You're ready!

I didn't take a day off. I did a few practice PATs and went over my notes. I felt if I tried to "relax" (which idk how anyone does that) that I would have went nuts. Lol

I actually reviewed some of chads the day before on 2x speed. This really helped me for the chemistries.