What did you guys do during D3->D4 summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faux

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
topic

Members don't see this ad.

Hit it hard.
way back when, before marriage/kids/taxes/crap commutes/some extra midsection fat... there was Goa, Thailand, sprinkle of Cambodia mixed in.
If you are a single guy, seventh heaven.

Bludgeon that vacation time like your life depends on it.

M

Reactions: 2 users
Hit it hard.
way back when, before marriage/kids/taxes/crap commutes/some extra midsection fat... there was Goa, Thailand, sprinkle of Cambodia mixed in.
If you are a single guy, seventh heaven.

Bludgeon that vacation time like your life depends on it.

M
You weren't externing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Eff no.

I know how to budget my time accordingly.
Not sure how a week or two of externships can be budgeted without either losing breaks (winter summer or spring) in school or attending a school that allows externships in the middle of the year. Glad it worked well for you but I don't understand how a week or two externship can be budgeted is all

Don't want to speak for anyone else but I have heard through the grapevine that having to do externships for a considerable number of weeks is a pretty recent development (last 5-10 years). People who are currently practicing oral surgeons, from what I have heard (again, through the grapevine and don't know if this is true), did not have to do as many externships as applicants now have to do.

Also, different schools have different break schedules and different amounts of time you are allowed to miss clinic, so it would not surprise me if there is a large amount in variation of time that people get to extern from school to school.
True lots of variables. I feel at a normal state school you only get the big breaks (spring thanksgiving winter or summer) to do externships. No clue as of yet how my school works just trying to stay afloat