what did you think of aamc cbt 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullishMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the verbal killed me

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The verbal was insane IMO. I made a 10 but I am starting to wonder how much of that was luck; when I was going through the test, I felt like I was guessing on nearly every question.

Yeah that exam totally sucked, I got an 8 on verbal and I was hitting 10-11 on the previous aamc's on verbal, and I am just really discouraged because my Kaplan verbal score had dropped to an 8 on the previous KFL i took (so, its the second one in a row :(). Does anyone have any ideas how to get my "verbal groove" back because I feel like I'm in a rut.

On AAMC test 10:

Hrm, I got a 10 on that VR. 33/40 questions

I really am not as averse to verbal as most people. I think it accounts for a nice break in the action of all the Science. I thought the verbal section on AAMC 9 was much harder than the one on AAMC 10. The one on 9 had, I think, 2 passages where i was left wondering "what the hell just happened."

My verbal scores went up sole from just practicing a lot of passages. My original scors were like 2/7 and 3/7 per passage, now I almost never miss more than one question on a passage.

My favorite verbal one-line strategies:

-Avoid the EXTREME answer choices
-Save the PHILOSOPHICAL passages for last (I hate these)
-ALWAYS write the authors opinion if they have one, answer accordingly
-Do the VOCAB IN CONTEXT questions and MAIN IDEA questions first
-Do the ROMAN NUMERAL questions last

Thats pretty much it.... one week out from 4/12 test date

Verbal sucked big time. I actually thought AAMC 9 was easier. I went from 37/40 on 9 to 30/40 on 10.

Verbal on 10 was a bear. I've been averaging 12/13 on Kaplans and I got a 10 on it.

I took 9 today and got a 13 though, so I'm prepared to call it a fluke.

Hrm, guess I'm just dumb then for AAMC Verbal 9

If your getting 10's on the VR practice tests, be content and feel good...it's not that bad a score and its REAL hard to improve Verbal scores in under a week (for us April testers)

A 30/40 gets you only a 10? That seems really high,getting 75% to get a 10! I thought it would be much lower: 22-24

I thought aamc 9 verbal was the hardest I've taken yet.