What did you write for the "list any additional information" optional secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is appropriate to put here?

Writing a "why our school" paragraph if it wasn't already a secondary question?

Talking a bit about myself and my hobbies?

Explaining poor grades if not prompted by any previous question?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Leaving it blank is preferable to the copious cliche-ridden, self-serving, egotistical, equine-feces laden drivel that is often added out of an neurotic OCD fear of empty space.

I wasn't saying that. I'm saying that's an open spot for an applicant to put in potential talking points for an interview. Doesn't even need to relate to medicine.
 
This is tricky unless it was time-limited (ie a single semester ) and externally related (such as your own illness or family issue)

If the poor grades are longer term and internally related, should I avoid bringing them up? The drop isn't really precipitous

If you have strong, specific reasons that make it so such as school's mission, certain departmental reputation or institute, specific program, location or other.

I guess being an alumni of their undergrad doesn't count for this does it? They do have a strong bias for accepting their undergrad students into their med school