What do admissions committees read first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-DMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but does anyone know what admissions committees look at first when reviewing a new application? Do they typically look at your personal statement first? GPA/DAT? I'm sure it varies on the school and even on the individual readers but any insights would be interesting to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, but does anyone know what admissions committees look at first when reviewing a new application? Do they typically look at your personal statement first? GPA/DAT? I'm sure it varies on the school and even on the individual readers but any insights would be interesting to hear!
Does it matter?

Members don't see this ad :)
They look at your first name, then last name.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This would actually be interesting to know. I am assuming there is some sort of GPA/DAT filter first before they look at anything else. Such as eliminating anyone with under a 16AA/2.5 GPA or something

This would actually be interesting to know. I am assuming there is some sort of GPA/DAT filter first before they look at anything else. Such as eliminating anyone with under a 16AA/2.5 GPA or something
I am pretty sure that is how it works at most schools, automatic cut off for applicants below certain thresholds.

Additionally I believe schools get your entire AADSAS app so if you print yours off I think it would look similar to what they would see first etc