What do I click under race/ethnicity if I’m southeast asian?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mindfulstranger

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I started my app for a career-changer today and wanted to know what I should put as a Filipino. People have told me to just put Asian, just Pacific Islander, and also to check both boxes. I noticed some schools consider Filipinos URMs along with viets and Hmongs. And, if that’s case for this school, should I click asian AND Pacific Islander? I just want to make it clear what most of you all think?
 
Sorry, to follow that up. I haven’t actually checked what most of my schools consider as URM. However for those apps with no specificity (like some have under the asians option in parentheses that this includes those from the Philippine Islands). I can put asian and PI right?
 
Last edited: