What do I do if a school is not responding to emails?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AnxiousMia

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a couple of schools that I emailed for clarification on a couple of things but they're not responding. I sent follow-up emails and still nothing. I don't want to apply if I'd be rejected automatically as it's too much money and at the same time, I've had my app ready since the end of June and don't want to end up being a "late" applicant when I wasn't.
 
I have a couple of schools that I emailed for clarification on a couple of things but they're not responding. I sent follow-up emails and still nothing. I don't want to apply if I'd be rejected automatically as it's too much money and at the same time, I've had my app ready since the end of June and don't want to end up being a "late" applicant when I wasn't.
I know it can be frustrating if schools aren’t responding at this time. This can be somewhat normal as admissions/enrollment for the incoming class is occurring at the same time and they gotta get those students through orientation to be ready for the start of class.

Have you tried contacting the admissions office by calling them? Sometimes they can be a little more responsive in that format instead of emails. I know I’ve been ghosted by some schools after emailing for clarification as well.
 
I know it can be frustrating if schools aren’t responding at this time. This can be somewhat normal as admissions/enrollment for the incoming class is occurring at the same time and they gotta get those students through orientation to be ready for the start of class.

Have you tried contacting the admissions office by calling them? Sometimes they can be a little more responsive in that format instead of emails. I know I’ve been ghosted by some schools after emailing for clarification as well.
It's so frustrating, especially when it was an ongoing thread but since the 4th of July, I've not gotten a response.

Unfortunately one of the schools doesn't show a phone number for admissions. I think they realize neurotic applicants like myself would annoy them too much! 😂