What do i do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Datkid94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can' believe I stupidly made this mistake but I have everything ready including 2/3 of my letters of rec and my letters of intent and supplmental reqs done, but I forgot to hand in my phorcas transcript request form. My school is now closed until 1/2 and I'm freaking out bc my first app is due 12/30 and I have a bunch due the first week of January. Did i just screw myself over completely? I don't know if programs will wait for my transcript after and if that will lessen my chances for an interview. I'm intending on emailing the programs to see if they'd wait for it. The only thing I can think of doing is expediting my transcript as soon as my school opens on the 1/2 and hope for the best. Does anybody have any insight in this?

Members don't see this ad.

I can' believe I stupidly made this mistake but I have everything ready including 2/3 of my letters of rec and my letters of intent and supplmental reqs done, but I forgot to hand in my phorcas transcript request form. My school is now closed until 1/2 and I'm freaking out bc my first app is due 12/30 and I have a bunch due the first week of January. Did i just screw myself over completely? I don't know if programs will wait for my transcript after and if that will lessen my chances for an interview. I'm intending on emailing the programs to see if they'd wait for it. The only thing I can think of doing is expediting my transcript as soon as my school opens on the 1/2 and hope for the best. Does anybody have any insight in this?

If I were you, I would email one of my deans and ask for a written explanation of what one might find on your transcript. Make sure this letter has official letterhead of your school. Have them send this to the RPD directly and then write an email to the RPD yourself explaining the situation eloquently.

It'll be fine.

Consider sending unofficial transcripts and make sure to be in communication with the RPDs whose programs you are applying to. I would encourage you to e-mail as soon as possible to explain your situation. The RPD will be your best reference for how to proceed. I would say do your best to wrap up all other aspects of the application and hold off on submission and sending any unofficial transcripts until they respond or until the deadline.

I would imagine most RPDs would make themselves somewhat available the days before the deadline just for troubleshooting issues such as this one.