what do i do now?

Started by hwansolo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hwansolo

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok heres my situation im a highschool senior who applied for the 6 year program. Unfortuantly I didn't get accepted and now im kinda confused on what to do. I still want to become a pharmacist but i dunno where to proceed from here. PLZ TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO IN ORDER TO BECOME A PHARMACIST.
 
ok heres my situation im a highschool senior who applied for the 6 year program. Unfortuantly I didn't get accepted and now im kinda confused on what to do. I still want to become a pharmacist but i dunno where to proceed from here. PLZ TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO IN ORDER TO BECOME A PHARMACIST.

Your first step is to use the search function and read the stickied posts at the top of the page.
 
Well, you could apply for pharmacy school again the next year. Or if you even sorta have other majors/concentrations in mind, you can go to school, take your prereq classes, and finally decide what's right and interesting for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ok heres my situation im a highschool senior who applied for the 6 year program. Unfortuantly I didn't get accepted and now im kinda confused on what to do. I still want to become a pharmacist but i dunno where to proceed from here. PLZ TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO IN ORDER TO BECOME A PHARMACIST.

My advice, MAKE GOOD GRADES, be focused, get advised by a pre-pharmacy advisor... 2 years of pre-requisites flies by, especially when your studying hard like you should be, and have a good advisor to finish the pre-reqs in EXACTLY 2 years. Then you can apply to an even better school possibly (if you want), somwhere else that might be more interesting to you. Good luck.
 
For starters, the 0+6 route is not the only route into pharmacy school. You have college to start a fresh, good GPA and apply to the 2+4s and higher.

Feel free to ask questions if you have more specific ones in mind.
 
Hey there. Sorry you didn't get in. I'm looking to apply to some 0-6 schools next year. They are extremely competative to get into so don't be down. What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
 
Don't worry it's not the end of the world! Most pharmacy students go through the 2+4 route (or there are some 2+3 programs...and you can end up finishing before your 0-6 peers). Just go to a university or community college and make good grades on you prereqs and PCAT, if needed, and go from there.