SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

what do i do now?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by hwansolo, May 29, 2008.

1. hwansolo

May 29, 2008
    ok heres my situation im a highschool senior who applied for the 6 year program. Unfortuantly I didn't get accepted and now im kinda confused on what to do. I still want to become a pharmacist but i dunno where to proceed from here. PLZ TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO IN ORDER TO BECOME A PHARMACIST.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cycloketocaine

cycloketocaine 7+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2006
    The Boonies
    Your first step is to use the search function and read the stickied posts at the top of the page.
  4. Acid11

Acid11 I speak Chinglish 10+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Well, you could apply for pharmacy school again the next year. Or if you even sorta have other majors/concentrations in mind, you can go to school, take your prereq classes, and finally decide what's right and interesting for you.
  5. JamesL1585

JamesL1585 TheAntiSavior? 10+ Year Member

Feb 8, 2006
    My advice, MAKE GOOD GRADES, be focused, get advised by a pre-pharmacy advisor... 2 years of pre-requisites flies by, especially when your studying hard like you should be, and have a good advisor to finish the pre-reqs in EXACTLY 2 years. Then you can apply to an even better school possibly (if you want), somwhere else that might be more interesting to you. Good luck.
  6. omnione

omnione SDN Pharmoderator Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

For starters, the 0+6 route is not the only route into pharmacy school. You have college to start a fresh, good GPA and apply to the 2+4s and higher.

Feel free to ask questions if you have more specific ones in mind.
  7. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE! Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Mar 25, 2008
  8. lucky1011

lucky1011 2+ Year Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Hey there. Sorry you didn't get in. I'm looking to apply to some 0-6 schools next year. They are extremely competative to get into so don't be down. What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
  9. inquirer89

inquirer89 5+ Year Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Don't worry it's not the end of the world! Most pharmacy students go through the 2+4 route (or there are some 2+3 programs...and you can end up finishing before your 0-6 peers). Just go to a university or community college and make good grades on you prereqs and PCAT, if needed, and go from there.