What do I include on a premed Cover Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mednight

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying for jobs to gain clinical exposure like crazy. I've checked a few of my application statuses and it says that I'm qualified but I may or may not be contacted for an interview. I have not been contacted yet being that I've just recieved my CPR certification and being that I have very little to back up my reasoning on working in a clinical setting.

I use the same old "I'm a Biology student taking a semester off to gain experience in a hospital, clinic, or assisted living facility." I do lie and say "My career goal is to become a Physician Assistant". Reason being is that I don't want an interviewing manager see me and look at me like I wouldn't stand a chance of being a doctor. I also include that I am CPR certified, but that's about all.

What else should I include in my cover letter? I really want to sell myself as an asset to the facility or institution.
 
Cover letters follow some variation of the following format:

1) Introduce yourself and who you are, highlighting the unique qualifications you have that are relevant to this position.

2) How do you fit into the roles demanded by this position? This is where your past experiences come into play.

3) How does this position fit into your future goals?