what do i need to get before starting pharmacy school ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kampungboy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a moped for pharmacy school... any comments/feedback ?

http://www.olsonpowersports.net/prodimages/mc-811/7.jpg
7.jpg

It'll only cost around $1000 .... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
School will require a car... IPPEs require transportation

School will require a car... IPPEs require transportation

Depends on the metro area, I've taken the subway to my IPPE's or just walked. There are a few outside of the area, but the assumption is most people don't have access to a car.

I'll probably ship my car over next year...I'm still debating, argh. I miss driving =( Now I know why they say public transit is for the poor...I hate having weird people sitting around me.

Better check with your campus police before you get one. Will you have a good place to park it on campus? Do they have a lot of thefts reported? I just came back from the police station an hour ago because mine was stolen out of my backyard tonight. The couple of knuckleheads that stole it were caught by the police about 8 miles from my house walking with it down the street. They almost made it to their house (they only had about 2 more miles to go). I paid $3000 for mine. Never used one when I was in pharm school. I would recommend a bicycle instead. They are almost as good unless you have to commute far. And if it gets stolen it won't be as expensive to replace as a scooter or moped. At UIC stuff was getting stolen a lot. I had my car broken into there when I used to park in a vacant lot (along with many many other people) about a block south of the pharm school.

You'll probably want to consider the weather. Wouldn't it be great getting rained on while trying to make your way to campus or work in your lab coat?

I guess , this is a very good idea.
it semms like challenging to me .