What do I need to know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jibreil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking chem 2 in one week in a summer class and need some help. I took chem 1 but the professor was new and barely got to chapter 7, and our syllabus stated we needed to get to chapter 11 by the end. Since I'm taking chem 2 and have some free time to study, what should I absolutely know for chem 2. I know somethings from chem 1 and 2 overlap but I don't have a lot of time, and would appreciate it if someone told me what to focus on knowing before my summer class starts. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd ask the chem 2 professor.

You may want to learn some of the material for the MCAT as well depending on what's in the missing chapters.

If you have the textbook, look over the syllabus, and read the chapters that are on it. Chem 2 is exponentially harder than Chem 1, however, you do not necessarily need to have a strong base from chem 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you have the textbook, look over the syllabus, and read the chapters that are on it. Chem 2 is exponentially harder than Chem 1, however, you do not necessarily need to have a strong base from chem 1.
I don't have the syllabus for Chem 2 yet but I know its going to cover chapters 12-20/22 in Tros textbook. I just want to know that not knowing the last few chapters of chem 1 won't come bite me in the ass.

No idea what your chem textbook chapters cover... or what your gen chem courses cover. But in general you should know your stuff before you take the next series even if the professor didn't cover i