What do people think of the Different DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DOGBOY

I was hoping to get some feedback from current DO students who have interviewed for residency or have heard from residency directors or other reputable people about what programs think about the different DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

DOGBOY,

I'm glad to see that you posted here. I have a problem! I lost my acceptance letter from Nova and I need to know when the deposit is due. Also, could you tell me when the physical examination form is due? Thanks for your help. See you in August.

Premed1

premed1

What kind of a f****king doctor are you gonna be if you are already misplacing your acceptance letter? I mean, that something you will even put in a safe deposit! Next time you're a doctor you will be misplacing patients charts? This is something you should not have posted here. Nowonder D.O.s get a bad rap.

DO

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IMHO, most ACGME residency directors lump the DO schools together, ie they do little to distinguish one from another. The exception might be the ACGME programs that are affiliated with a DO school by being dually approved. Out of the 15-16 interviews that I participated in, not one asked about board scores, grades or class standing. An RD @Baylor asked my opinion of the education that I received, but it was not distinctly related to being a DO student. @Cornell, I was asked about 'naturopathic medicine', the RD did not seem to know the difference between the two(DO & ND). He admitted that I was the first DO student he had interviewed...

Gor,
In case you didn't know, DOGBOY lied about being accepted to NOVA. Maybe Premed1 had suspicions... I don't know.

And suppose premed1 did lose his acceptance letter, it should be no big deal. It is not like that letter is worth money or even sentimental value. I know mine sure isn't. It is a piece of paper.

Gor or whoever you are you need to RELAX!!!

Am I or am I not? Who am I? What do I want? where am I going to school? Who wants to know? Why all the questions? Can't we all just get along? Help Henry!

POODLEPUNK,

Who cares?