What do SGU students do for fun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering going to SGU in fall 2006. What do SGU students do for fun? Do u even have freetime?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I hear students go SCUBA, Sailing, swiming, etc Some hop flights to other islands but I don't know for sure as I am starting next week.

from a realisitc point of view after having been there for a half a term and deciding it was not for me- "the island life" that is.

students dont do scuba , sailing or any other of that stuff maybe more than 2 or 3 times in a term , you are way too busy with studying- that is the truth. on a more regular basis recreational time on the island is spent watching dvd's on your laptop and getting drunk at a hotel bar ;) . that is the truth.

Members don't see this ad :)
lawrencepena said:
from a realisitc point of view after having been there for a half a term and deciding it was not for me- "the island life" that is.

students dont do scuba , sailing or any other of that stuff maybe more than 2 or 3 times in a term , you are way too busy with studying- that is the truth. on a more regular basis recreational time on the island is spent watching dvd's on your laptop and getting drunk at a hotel bar ;) . that is the truth.

The getting drunk at the hotel bar sounds more fun anyways. :D

lawrencepena said:

So did u leave the school for good?

yup, left for good, actually things worked out far better for me. i am now in a postbac program in the US with conditional acceptance for the following year. i am also looking at going abroad to Ireland for school as I would love to live in Europe for some time maybe even indefinitely.

lawrencepena said:

I don't think you were on the island long enough! The first few weeks of the term are very hectic, but once you get into the routine, you'll find time occasionally to do fun things. I had many friends that went scuba diving. The Grand Anse beach is one of the prettiest in the Caribbean (I regret not getting there more often, actually). I took day trips to a couple of the smaller islands, did a "hash" run (go to at least one of these--they're a great time). The island has a few gorgeous (and expensive) resorts, but we would go out for a nice dinner every once-in-awhile. If you're stuck just watching DVD's on your laptop ALL the time, I feel sorry for you!

The thing is, you must learn to balance your time. You simply cannot study 24/7. St. George's is not easy, but you'll be able to enjoy yourself. You may not spend every weekend on the beach (I sure as heck didn't), but you'll get out and have fun--trust me!!

Brian
MS-IV, St. George's University