What Do Top Medical School Look For?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bibivicenzo

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!
I am currently a junior and I was wondering, what are some things I should do during undergrad that would help me get into a top medical school. My dream schools include Cornell University, Vanderbilt University, or University of Chicago.
I was planning on attending Florida State University/University of South Florida/University of Florida for undergrad and then hoping to get into an out-of-state medical school.
 
In fact, 50% of medical school applicants will not get into medical school at all, and most accepted medical students will only get admitted to one school. Don't have your heart set on top schools at this point.

This is not meant to be discouraging OP, it just is meant as something to keep you grounded. If those are your goals, go for it and work really hard, but temper your expectations, especially since you have not encountered the challenges that undergrad may hold for you.