What do we do about the Dentist Problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distalmarginalridge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seems like the Dentists are getting out of hand again. Every other month I turn on the news and see a dentist has killed another patient.

When will they learn?

They are not doctors. They are not anesthesiologists. They can't diagnose. They don't know path. They can barely read an x-ray. They should only be allowed to prescribe Pen VK and Tylenol.

Dentists. I say take away the doctorate title. Stick to handing out tooth brushes and cleaning teeth kid. Nothing personal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
LOL

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like dentists and they deserve the title more than most.

Reactions: 7 users
Huh?

Dentists do know diagnosis, management, pathology, radiology - just all limited to tooth/jaw/gums.

You do realize that there are doctors who make errors too, right? Errors that occasionally cause the death of patients ...

Reactions: 7 users
has had an account for 2 years & this is your first post?

3/10 trollpost, you only scored that high because the above gave you a few extra points

Reactions: 3 users
I like dentists and they deserve the title more than most.

Huh?

Dentists do know diagnosis, management, pathology, radiology - just all limited to tooth/jaw/gums.

You do realize that there are doctors who make errors too, right? Errors that occasionally cause the death of patients ...

found the dentists. shouldn't you boys be cleaning some teeth?

found the dentists. shouldn't you boys be cleaning some teeth?

Well isn't that original - don't like the message, criticize the messenger.

I know I'm not a dentist (but I do know several and happen to respect them). I've also read enough posts to know that @Psai isn't a dentist either.

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like the Dentists are getting out of hand again. Every other month I turn on the news and see a dentist has killed another patient.

When will they learn?

They are not doctors. They are not anesthesiologists. They can't diagnose. They don't know path. They can barely read an x-ray. They should only be allowed to prescribe Pen VK and Tylenol.

Dentists. I say take away the doctorate title. Stick to handing out tooth brushes and cleaning teeth kid. Nothing personal.

Uhhhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

A wannabee dentist. Whom will you be calling when you have a toothache? A barber?

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed. The Dentists have to be used strategically and kept under a short leash. Kind of like how the Gimp was handled in Pulp Fiction.

hqdefault.jpg

Have a tooth-ache? Bring out the Dentist.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree OP.

We should strip away their autonomy and have them work under a supervising doctor. We need to train someone that can diagnose correctly and actually understands pathology. We should push to create a new doctorate to meet this need. Idk. Maybe call this new profession doctor of dental medicine or something.

Reactions: 3 users