what do you do after the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sonya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

so, you've interviewed at a school. and, let's say you really like it.

so, now do you just wait for them to respond?

any other suggestions? should we write to the school we are really interested in them.

so, what do people normally do?

thanks,
sonya

Members don't see this ad.

Send thank you letters. If you have the name of your interviewers definitely write thank yous. You should address them to go to the admissions office. While they will not be included in your file it is a genuine touch that goes a long way.

If you are seriously impressed with the school and it has now moved to your top choice write the individual who led the day a letter stating what you liked about the school and that it is now your top choice. Thank him/her for the wonderful day and wish him/her well. This letter will go in your file.

:)

Isn't the individual who led the day usually the director of admissions though? Or do you mean the person who gives the tour, hangs out with you while you wait for your interview the person who led the day?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Drink excessively.

Originally posted by donuthole
Isn't the individual who led the day usually the director of admissions though? Or do you mean the person who gives the tour, hangs out with you while you wait for your interview the person who led the day?

Thanks

I guess it depends on the school. It typically is the director of adm. So I would recommend sending a letter address to him/her. Not the tour guide, unless it is the director. But it is really up to you.

I second Slickness : "Drink excessively.":clap: :clap: