What do you do to celebrate getting an acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted714452

I danced a little jig , and then tried to slap myself awake to make sure it wasn't a dream.

Members don't see this ad.

Sat down so that I didn't hyperventilate. Also not to get too mushy but me and my step-dad embraced which has never happened before.

Reactions: 1 user
While I smiled and felt relieved I got into medical school, I didn't really celebrate other than telling my family, close friends, and my significant other about it. It only gets harder as time goes on. I'll finally celebrate once I actually become a practicing physician.

There's going to be another long (at least) 7 years in medical school and residency. I can't wait to get through all of this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is already a thread about this if you want to read through a couple of them, but I won't believe my acceptance until my white coat is put on me. Hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
There is already a thread about this if you want to read through a couple of them, but I won't believe my acceptance until my white coat is put on me. Hahaha

Yup, still in disbelief now. Keep thinking...is this the real life?

Went to class. Two months later I am still in disbelief. I'll believe it when I'm sitting in a med school classroom

I found out I was accepted wile working a shift in the ER. Five minutes later we had a patient come in with explosive diarrhea. Now, one of the best moments of my life is forever connected to explosive diarrhea.

Reactions: 8 users
Took me 5 mins to calm down after I received the great news

High-5'ed/hugged my mom
Called my SO
Told my boss/recommenders/advisors/close friends
Drank a beer with my friends
Had a little party with champagne with my boss/co-workers

Never got anywhere close to "schwasted" because since I'm a non-trad, in my best Murtaugh voice, "I'm too old for this $hit" haha
I, along with my fellow taxpayers, am going to invest a lot of time and $$ on what I have inside my cranium for many years haha #responsibility

I played more Payday 2 and LoL while I still had time, because seriously, once I got that acceptance my clock started counting down.

It seems like a blessing, but remember, your acceptance is day 1 to the countdown of the end of your freedom.

Reactions: 4 users
I got a 6 pack, started celebrating, and next thing I remember was that I was holding a Remy Louis XIII bottle on my hand (forgot who gave me it) and finished it. I was an idiot and gave everyone a shot when that bottle was worth like 3 grand. Oh well. Best night of my life though.

1. Hugged my SO. My parents were out of town then, so couldn't celebrate with them too :[
2. Then sat down cuz I felt dizzy d/t euphoria out the wazoo
3. Called this fancy 15-course meal by chef selection BYOB restaurant and made a dinner reservation for 2
4. Dressed to the nines and arrived at the restaurant with a bottle of champagne
5. 15-course meal ensued. We finished the whole bottle!
6. Called my parents the next day morning and told them 3 things:

• I have a headache cuz I drank too much last night
  • I'm going to med school!!!
  • Expect a 200$ bill from Restaurant X ;]

Ate a burger and drank a huge beer

Members don't see this ad :)
Sit at my parents' house and have my dad continue to tell me to join the military to pay for this/get mad when I tell him I'm not interested in the military, because he doesn't understand that med school debt is not abnormal

1. Told my parents
2. Told my SO
3. Pinched myself
4. Read the e-mail about 50 times
5. Went back to sleep
6. Got mad that I couldn't go back to sleep due to excitement
7. Made eggs
8. Ate eggs
9. Binged Netflix
10. Read the e-mail about 100 times
11. Pinched myself again
12. Started making a list of things I want to do before July, 2016
13. Read the e-mail about 200 times
14. I've been traveling and reading the e-mail over and over again
15. Still can't believe it.

Sat there quietly in disbelief. Then binged on netflix, and proceeded to calling/texting everyone on planet earth.

Fist-pump. Endless fist-pumps.

And sugarfish with the lady.

Last edited:
1. Told my parents
2. Told my SO
3. Pinched myself
4. Read the e-mail about 50 times
5. Went back to sleep
6. Got mad that I couldn't go back to sleep due to excitement
7. Made eggs
8. Ate eggs
9. Binged Netflix
10. Read the e-mail about 100 times
11. Pinched myself again
12. Started making a list of things I want to do before July, 2016
13. Read the e-mail about 200 times
14. I've been traveling and reading the e-mail over and over again
15. Still can't believe it.
What's on that list?

@Giovanotto So far I've gone all over the states and London. I'm going to Dubai and India next!

When the lady called me with the good news, I screamed "WOOHOOO" into the phone.
I probably damaged her eardrums, but it's okay because I'm going to be a doctor lol.

As for celebration. I just told a few peps and called it another day lol.

Last edited:
Sipped my coffee with a hearty chuckle as I was assaulted tirelessly by the icy Nevada winds. GO TUNCOM!

I actually decided to go on vacation to South Beach, and partied there;)