What do you do to stay awake?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody find using any other stimulant like the fat reducing pills with energy help their concentration or is it just jittery energy?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm bumping up an old thread because I'm having a similar issue. I get plenty of sleep at night (8-9 hours average) and I just can't seem to stay awake when studying. Its fine if I'm DOING something while studying (rewriting notes) but I spend half of the day listening to podcasts and I just CAN'T stay awake when I'm doing that.

Yesterday and the day before we had seminars and I slept through the entire thing, both times. I wasn't trying to sleep, I was trying to stay awake - the stuff was pretty important for me to know for clinical rotations. I just couldn't do it.

I'm beginning to think theres something wrong with me.

This really sounds like an issue you should take to a doctor instead of to us. You might have a problem that can be treated, and wouldn't that be awesome?

This really sounds like an issue you should take to a doctor instead of to us. You might have a problem that can be treated, and wouldn't that be awesome?

Yeah.... I'm actually sort of in process on that one. I've really thought all along that what I was experiencing was normal. Lately I've decided that its probably not.