jamilla_w

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I bombed Bio Lecture 4 in class exam. I missed 7 and got a 9. (Usually I get 12s). I did especially poorly on the third passage about action potential(missed 4). I re-read the chapter carefully again, but this doesn't help (especially for the q that tests material EK doesn't even cover!)

Should I get the Bio 1001 questions and do Chapter 4 in it or is there a better way?

RAD11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2004
Status
Pre-Medical
jamilla_w said:
I bombed Bio Lecture 4 in class exam. I missed 7 and got a 9. (Usually I get 12s). I did especially poorly on the third passage about action potential(missed 4). I re-read the chapter carefully again, but this doesn't help (especially for the q that tests material EK doesn't even cover!)

Should I get the Bio 1001 questions and do Chapter 4 in it or is there a better way?
I don't think getting a 9 is considered "bombing" a section. 12 is great but a 9 is not too shabby either.

OP
J

jamilla_w

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
RAD11 said:
I don't think getting a 9 is considered "bombing" a section. 12 is great but a 9 is not too shabby either.
Missing 7/23 is horrible (especially when you spent 2x as long as you should have on the chapter)

About the Ads

H and D

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Minnesota
Status
Pre-Medical
If you are getting 12s on the other sections it is probably not worth it to buy the 101 Bio book. I suggest reviewing your college bio (or better yet physiology) book, SDN bio link and other internet sites. I think the internet is especially helpful for learning about action potentials since many websites have nice animations of action potentials and voltage graphs. I used these resources a lot when I took physiology as an undergrad since our prof stressed the nervous system and action potentials.

OP
J

jamilla_w

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
H and D said:
If you are getting 12s on the other sections it is probably not worth it to buy the 101 Bio book. I suggest reviewing your college bio (or better yet physiology) book, SDN bio link and other internet sites. I think the internet is especially helpful for learning about action potentials since many websites have nice animations of action potentials and voltage graphs. I used these resources a lot when I took physiology as an undergrad since our prof stressed the nervous system and action potentials.
Great (and cheap!) idea. Thank you.

Gabujabu

10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2004
CA
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
The lectures in that book are not an accurate predictor of the real test, as there are too few questions. Moreover, I remember some of the EK in-class exams becoming too creative in their passages w/ a few logical leaps. You might want to study the material relevant to the section, but you certainly don't have to buy the book.

About the Ads