What do you do when you bomb an EK lesson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jamilla_w

I bombed Bio Lecture 4 in class exam. I missed 7 and got a 9. (Usually I get 12s). I did especially poorly on the third passage about action potential(missed 4). I re-read the chapter carefully again, but this doesn't help (especially for the q that tests material EK doesn't even cover!)

Should I get the Bio 1001 questions and do Chapter 4 in it or is there a better way?

Members don't see this ad.

jamilla_w said:
I bombed Bio Lecture 4 in class exam. I missed 7 and got a 9. (Usually I get 12s). I did especially poorly on the third passage about action potential(missed 4). I re-read the chapter carefully again, but this doesn't help (especially for the q that tests material EK doesn't even cover!)

Should I get the Bio 1001 questions and do Chapter 4 in it or is there a better way?

I don't think getting a 9 is considered "bombing" a section. 12 is great but a 9 is not too shabby either.

RAD11 said:
I don't think getting a 9 is considered "bombing" a section. 12 is great but a 9 is not too shabby either.

Missing 7/23 is horrible (especially when you spent 2x as long as you should have on the chapter)

If you are getting 12s on the other sections it is probably not worth it to buy the 101 Bio book. I suggest reviewing your college bio (or better yet physiology) book, SDN bio link and other internet sites. I think the internet is especially helpful for learning about action potentials since many websites have nice animations of action potentials and voltage graphs. I used these resources a lot when I took physiology as an undergrad since our prof stressed the nervous system and action potentials.

Members don't see this ad :)
H and D said:
If you are getting 12s on the other sections it is probably not worth it to buy the 101 Bio book. I suggest reviewing your college bio (or better yet physiology) book, SDN bio link and other internet sites. I think the internet is especially helpful for learning about action potentials since many websites have nice animations of action potentials and voltage graphs. I used these resources a lot when I took physiology as an undergrad since our prof stressed the nervous system and action potentials.

Great (and cheap!) idea. Thank you.

The lectures in that book are not an accurate predictor of the real test, as there are too few questions. Moreover, I remember some of the EK in-class exams becoming too creative in their passages w/ a few logical leaps. You might want to study the material relevant to the section, but you certainly don't have to buy the book.