what do you do when you get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublestrandbreak

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
So what's the procedure for acceptances--do you tell the schools that you will matriculate, and then withdraw from the ones you're not going to when you have made a choice? If so, when do you have to do that by?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Breathe again.....

Oh, you meant for paperwork... Well, you first let the school know that you accept their offer. Then on May 15th you can only hold ONE acceptance. You can withdraw it however you get into another school, but you can only hold one after May 15th.

But after the drinking...

Yes, most school require you respond in writing accepting a place in the class within like 2 weeks. Most also require a deposit (like 100 bucks). You have until May 15 to decide on ONE school. Your deposit is usually at least partially refundable if you withdraw before then.

And before anyone else says it, yes, if you decide BEFORE may 15 that you will not attend a school, you sould give up the spot for someone else...

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird, Is there a ghost on this post. What happened to Scooby's post?

Here's to us all holding multiple acceptances. All fingers are crossed. :clap: :clap:

Where did my response go????????????

damn!!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Where did my response go????????????

damn!!•••••I dunno! It was there when I posted! Spooooookyyyyy....

is somebody censoring us?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•Where did my response go????????????

damn!!•••••What did you say, Scooby?

And welcome to SDN, doublestrandbreak!! :D Did you get an acceptance?

SMW,

It was something to the effect of....

DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go get naked and run through the streets holding two cans of beer. Then run into the middle of the intersection and open one of them...guzzle it down!
Then throw the other full can of beer down on the ground (like you scored a touchdown) really hard so that it explodes...then start doing a little dance like Owens ...just then you realize your error b/c that can of beer you threw on the ground was your best bud...so you get on your knees and start to lick it up...just then the cops come and you meet your new cellmate "T'wan"....
It's the only way to do it! :)

I remember when I was accepted many years ago. It was a Thursday night and all my friends that I called couldn't go out for the night. I walked down to the party store, bought myself some good beer and drank it alone while watching some TV. It was pathetic, but don't worry I went out an celebrated again once everyone was able to.