What do you guys do for fun? (non-medically related)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like anything that gets me outside. A few of my favorite activities include horseback riding, archery, fishing, hiking, cycling and long-distance running.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I like anything that gets me outside. A few of my favorite activities include horseback riding, archery, fishing, hiking, cycling and long-distance running.
Fun, relaxing yet challenging. I miss it since I only took it as a class at UG. Want to get back into it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bodybuilding keeps me mentally and emotionally stable. I decided to volunteer in things I enjoy like as Chess instructor for my daughter's school instead of the normal premed things. I go dancing salsa with the wife. The rest of the time I try to sleep as much as possible, which still not enough :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
go to beach, watch netflix, go to parties/tailgates, practice keyboard, make beats, record hip-hop vocals, run, weight training, go on dates

I just had an active social life... Also lots of alcohol, cooking, sex, traveling, vidya, music, etc. People can't tell you how to live life bro, you gotta figure out what you're into and do you.

I built a computer during a research internship and it has led to a great hobby.

Reactions: 1 user
You're right, reading is great. Unfortunately that's something I usually do in the summer, since I don't get much time during the school year. Do you have any good books to recommend?
Some authors: Jeffrey Eugenides, Michael Chabon, Junot Diaz, Lauren Groff, Jennifer Egan. I'd say they all write books that have literary clout but that are also really easy to get sucked into.

I was REALLY into intramural sports in college, and am hoping to continue that trend in medical school. It was a great way to blow off steam (because working out just sucks sometimes) and a majority of my friends were in a non pre-med major so that really provided me opportunity to hangout with them.
Gym, sports, Netflix, Xbox .....

Also, drinking. I mean you can't go wrong with that. Got any Kahlua?

For sure, bro. I feel you. I'm cycling off so the adcoms don't suspect the swole is too much. They don't drug test do they?
Some of our clinical sites test prior to rotation, but there was no drug test for matriculation. Just don't get caught with that ****, you'll lose your ability to get a DEA license.

Just picked up ice hockey at age 21... only 3 months in and I'm already 10x better than when I started. Playing pickup at midnight tonight :p

Also lift, beer, video games... the usuals.

Members don't see this ad :)
I build hospitals in Namibia

At the moment I'm (re-)learning all countries, capitals, and flags. I really enjoy it.
Also, dumb TV shows.
Also, currently redoing a bathroom. Last week was tile and backsplash, this week is plumbing. Yay.

Geography is so fun! When I was younger I used to play on this website "freerice." You could test your knowledge of countries and flags and all that, and the questions you got right turned into rice that was donated to the UN.

**** should I cycle off my creatine?
Yeah. That added water/bloating may give tip them off that your on creatine. They could could test your creatinine levels and see your on the juice too with a blood test. This is just what I've heard Eich Piana say.

I don't think I've had fun since the 90s.

Geography is so fun! When I was younger I used to play on this website "freerice." You could test your knowledge of countries and flags and all that, and the questions you got right turned into rice that was donated to the UN.
Unless they drastically changed it, Freerice.com was all about words, not geography. I just checked, and it still is about words.

Monday- softball
Tuesday- captain of my coed bball team
Wednesday- night class
Thursday- womens bball league
Friday- studying/fiancé time
Saturday- class 9-2
Sunday- football in the am,volleyball or bball at noon, and softball in the pm

I work full time, take 8 credit hours a week and I also read a new book every 1-2 weeks. I work out for about 90 min a day from 6am-7:30am in the morning before work. I study in my car during my lunch break and before I play in my sports leagues.
I don't sit down much.
I'm also slightly crazy. Take what you will from it.

Bodybuilding keeps me mentally and emotionally stable. I decided to volunteer in things I enjoy like as Chess instructor for my daughter's school instead of the normal premed things. I go dancing salsa with the wife. The rest of the time I try to sleep as much as possible, which still not enough :(

At the Arnold this year? I was a supplement rep for a couple years there before I started having Saturday classes. I'm from the area so it's always a blast to go home and attend it. I want to compete there some day.

Unless they drastically changed it, Freerice.com was all about words, not geography. I just checked, and it still is about words.

Actually they have a bunch of categories now. I just checked, and they have languages, math, test prep, and some other stuff.

SCVS is next week in Las Vegas. After presenting at the conference I am supposed to head out there for several days. :) First time for me, but most of my climbing group haso spent a lot of time there.
Cool. You will have a good time. The weather is really nice right now, and fortunately you will barely be beating the heat; we don't have seasons. My profile pic was taken at the top from Turtle Head Peak at Red Rock. Have a good time.
PS If you want to visit a good breakfast joint really close by check out "The Cracked Egg." It's an awesome spot.

Real men play the Caro-Kann.

Are you looking to poach EC's for you app?

I developed several hobbies throughout college like fishing, soccer, tennis, photography, violinist...etc. Oh and video games, don't forget video games.

Pfft. Video games aren't a hobby -- they're a waste of time!

Netflix, Netflix, some more Netflix and playing with my cat.

Oh. I travel too.
Going to Chicago, Bali and Shanghai in 18 days! And then Mexico in early August... Weekend trip to NYC in July. Plans to go to either Australia or South America in 2017 and Europe for my honeymoon in 2018

Snowboarding, working out, long distance walking (training throughout the year, then susan g. komen 3 day walk in november), realistic drawing (specifically graphite or ink), piano (just picked it up again), and video games, lots and lots of video games. Oh, and netflix (although that's more of an addiction).

1. Football
2. Soccer
3. Crossfit
4. Dancing
5. Walks with my pup and SO
6. Drinking (games)
7. Board/card games
8. Reading - currently working on Survival of the Sickest by Dr. Sharon Moalem. Good read.

I'm literally never bored.

Happy hour with friends
Video Games on PS4
City Walks with GF
Making Hip Hop Beats

We used to do a lot of movies/dinners/festivals, but my GF and I have been saving up for the last 2-3months so that transition for med school will be a hell of a lot easier.

long distance running, ju jitsu, drawing, sci fi television show watcher...

I live waaaay up north. Driving range opened up today, earliest I can remember. I plan to play as much golf as humanly possible this summer

Brewery hopping. I'm fortunate to live in an area with an insane beer scene.

Movies, sporting events, restaurants, hiking, bowling with friends.

Right now, just Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront. I really want to play Witcher 3, but I figured I should wait until I'm done and sick with Fallout.

Also, listening to Serial, This American Life and The Black Tapes Podcast, watching college basketball and the NBA, and waiting for the MLB season to start!

I don't know your tastes OP, but I play guitar, shoot handguns, and ride my motorcycle when it's nice out. All things that require 100% of your focus, it's like a vacation for my brain.

Bowling, watching sports (NHL > NFL ~ NBA > MLB, but follow all sports in depth), sports trivia, fantasy basketball, watching movies, reading, eating, sleeping
Correct order on those 4 sports

When I was pre-med, SDN and Youtube, do you think we actually had time for "fun", whatever that is.