what do you hate - the most...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'll play:

- when it is 2 lane highway and the people in front of you in both the left and right lanes are going the same speed (0.02 mph) and you can't pass.

- when the patient/patient's family says "are you old enough to be a doctor." no, i'm really just in high school and i just snuck in here to provide your anesthesia. what, that's not okay?

- going along with the above statement, when the patient/patient's family says "how long have you been doing this" or the related "how many of these have you done." i've been doing this for long enough and i've done enough. now relax while i put in my first epidural ever.

- when you get in the room and the surgeon is like "why weren't you in the room earlier?" oh you know, i just grabbed a coffee and gourmet meal, waltzed around preop for a while to stretch my muscles, checked my facebook for an hour before heading back, you know, the usual. it had nothing to do with the fact the patient arrived here 10 minutes ago and was a difficult IV stick and ive been busting my ass to even make it back this fast. sorry mr surgeon, it will never happen again.

- people in the supermarket who use the self checkout lane but have 100 items. 15 or less, genius.

- going to the mcds drive thru, ordering your salad, then driving away and realizing they gave you no fork.

- people who talk in movie theaters. i could do without your running commentary, friend.

- not being able to pass an OG and it curling up in the pharynx 50 times. it doesnt help when the surgeon is prodding "is the OG in yet." trust me, i'll letcha know, buddy.

- when i'm talking to patient's and their families and someone is like "ok listen the nurse is here." last time i checked women can be doctors. a good clue would be the fact i just told you i was "DOCTOR so and so"

- when patient's lie about their EtOH consumption. "oh i just have a glass of wine per night." that's odd, your wife just told me you clean your ostomy site with vodka.

- when patient's don't know their meds or PMHx. "well i take one for 'the sugar' and one for the 'high blood.'"

- when you go shopping at the mall and 15 people in the store each ask you 20 times if you need help. no m'am, i don't. if you don't believe me you can ask your 14 colleagues who have already asked me the exact same thing.

- in the ICU when you have a pt on K replacement protocol and you get a call at 4am "morning labs are back. K is 3.4. do you want me to replace per the protocol." yes, i do. thus, the protocol.

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to list the tractor trailers traveling parallel at the same speed, but since that was taken, I'm going to add:

-when someone speeds up to pass you, then gets in your lane and slows down to less than your speed. x2 multiplier if it's on the highway and I have cruise control on.

-bicyclists who bitch about "sharing the road" and then pass cars stopped at red lights/stop signs by driving down the shoulder/median and then cruising through the intersection against the signal. I only share the road with people who follow the rules, *******. You can either do what you want and suffer the consequences, or play by the rules and wait in line.

Guacamole and black olives.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll play:

- when it is 2 lane highway and the people in front of you in both the left and right lanes are going the same speed (0.02 mph) and you can't pass.

- when the patient/patient's family says "are you old enough to be a doctor." no, i'm really just in high school and i just snuck in here to provide your anesthesia. what, that's not okay?

- going along with the above statement, when the patient/patient's family says "how long have you been doing this" or the related "how many of these have you done." i've been doing this for long enough and i've done enough. now relax while i put in my first epidural ever.

- when you get in the room and the surgeon is like "why weren't you in the room earlier?" oh you know, i just grabbed a coffee and gourmet meal, waltzed around preop for a while to stretch my muscles, checked my facebook for an hour before heading back, you know, the usual. it had nothing to do with the fact the patient arrived here 10 minutes ago and was a difficult IV stick and ive been busting my ass to even make it back this fast. sorry mr surgeon, it will never happen again.

- people in the supermarket who use the self checkout lane but have 100 items. 15 or less, genius.

- going to the mcds drive thru, ordering your salad, then driving away and realizing they gave you no fork.

- people who talk in movie theaters. i could do without your running commentary, friend.

- not being able to pass an OG and it curling up in the pharynx 50 times. it doesnt help when the surgeon is prodding "is the OG in yet." trust me, i'll letcha know, buddy.

- when i'm talking to patient's and their families and someone is like "ok listen the nurse is here." last time i checked women can be doctors. a good clue would be the fact i just told you i was "DOCTOR so and so"

- when patient's lie about their EtOH consumption. "oh i just have a glass of wine per night." that's odd, your wife just told me you clean your ostomy site with vodka.

- when patient's don't know their meds or PMHx. "well i take one for 'the sugar' and one for the 'high blood.'"

- when you go shopping at the mall and 15 people in the store each ask you 20 times if you need help. no m'am, i don't. if you don't believe me you can ask your 14 colleagues who have already asked me the exact same thing.

- in the ICU when you have a pt on K replacement protocol and you get a call at 4am "morning labs are back. K is 3.4. do you want me to replace per the protocol." yes, i do. thus, the protocol.

:thumbup:

GREAT FIRST POST! Appropriately snarky. You'll fit in great on this forum. Watch out for the dooshes.

-copro

Guacamole and black olives.

Remembers me of putting femoral central lines or having the pleasure to do a femoral nerve block in morbidly obese patients.
"Guacamole and black olives"

I hate how the nursing staff will bend over backwards to do any little favor no matter how ridiculous for the surgeon but roll their eyes if I ask them to do a simple task like page my attending bc I've got both hands on the pt

I also hate how the or staff treats surgical residents like gold bit expect us p do their jobs

please tell me it gets better as an attending

Yes, I think so. But that's OK. I'll let it pass. I am glad that you noticed. :thumbup:
Thanks

Hey rmb,
added you as friend:)
It's been nice chatting and getting to know you better.
Who would have thought you and I would have much in common, especially since you're like awesome and have a heart...

and I'm not and don't :D

I will stay in touch! Perhaps some of that goodness will rub off on me...or not :smuggrin:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!

Hey rmb,
Who would have thought you and I would have much in common, especially since you're like awesome and have a heart...

I will stay in touch! Perhaps some of that goodness will rub off on me...or not :smuggrin:

Eta,

I think you're trying to sell yourself on this forum like you are this...

onlyme-607-full.gif

... but, this is who you really are...

obese_fat_guy.jpg

:laugh:

-copro

Hey rmb,

Eta,
Happy New Year to you too.​
Please, let us stay in touch. Sorry if our friendship is going to cause you some turmoil by some of the haters here. But, I am honored to know you, vent for you, and take your advice.
You do not need more goodness, you already have shown a lot of genuine goodness and braveness it to me.
Thank you :love: