what do you hate - the most...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2win

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate being in line at the grocery store to have in front of me an old guy or gal (they are mostly females maybe they live longer lol) - wasting my time writing a CHECK instead paying with a debit card. And most of them spend as much time as writing a journal. This is normal????? Are we gonna get there?
And btw - who's using checks anymore for groceries???

Members don't see this ad.

When I explain the risks of anesthesia to my patient(in order of frequency, then severity), she proceeds to say, "my teeth are important to me, I'll sue you." That is what I hate the most.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate nextel chirps... almost as much as I hate PETA.

Ohhhh - PETA - wtf is wrong with them? ******s not recognized for disability? Although they should....

When I explain the risks of anesthesia to my patient(in order of frequency, then severity), she proceeds to say, "my teeth are important to me, I'll sue you." That is what I hate the most.

That's nothing my friend - look at this:
"So this is the plan for anesthesia (general versus regional) with bla, blabla advantages for each of them..
Yes - I'll speak with my DOCTOR.
Sure , please do that - I am the DOCTOR for anesthesia and we'll decide the plan together.
Moments of suspense order to digest the new info (it will take the same amount of time as writing the f**cking check) and they will go with general.
Proportional with the amount of tattoos....because they are scared of needles.

Ohhhh - PETA - wtf is wrong with them? ******s not recognized for disability? Although they should....

:laugh:

Yes, they should. Wait, then they would be wasting their disability money on their ridiculous cause, so maybe not.

That's nothing my friend - look at this:
"So this is the plan for anesthesia (general versus regional) with bla, blabla advantages for each of them..
Yes - I'll speak with my DOCTOR.
Sure , please do that - I am the DOCTOR for anesthesia and we'll decide the plan together.
Moments of suspense order to digest the new info (it will take the same amount of time as writing the f**cking check) and they will go with general.
Proportional with the amount of tattoos....because they are scared of needles.

I second 2win. The other thing I hate is the IVDA patients who get upset when I tell them I'm going to look with an ultrasound, otherwise they get an EJ. I'm trying to do both of us a favor by using an ultrasound or going for a good EJ, but to them it's the end of the world. It's not my fault they scarred their veins, and now need an appendectomy/ex-lap/D&C/fill in the blank with an urgent procedure.

Oh I could have a field day with this thread, but I guess I have to limit it...

• People who think that it is a good idea to go 40 mph when merging onto a 60 mph highway where speeds routinely exceed that limit by 10-15 mph.
    :boom:

• Inefficiency as a result of compulsive planning in a person who lacks a can do attitude and is incapable of adapting, improvising, and overcoming.

• People who pay with exact change or check.

• Having to sign for a credit card purchase of less than $100.

• Left lane slow pokes.

• Slow pokes in general for that matter.

-pod

-Fat F****ing people who have handicapped permit parking for no obvious reason-usually getting out of their car smoking or doing some other unhealthy behavior-Glad we get to reward you with a handicapped permit for your contribution to society

-Stubborn patients who refuse regional for a TKR for no validated reason-(See you in about 2 hours in PACU for your rescue block....)

-Nurses who put 22 g PIV's in good veins-enough said....Rationale: "I didn't want to blow it"

1) Got a pt the other night on call with type A dissection going emergently to OR, had two 14 g PIV's placed in the ED, BUT with 22g IV extension tubing!!!!!!!!!!

2) When people sitting in front of me on a plane lean their seat back...I hate it!!! (I'm 6'4)

-When the court system keeps giving drug addict parents another chance to raise their children, when we know for a fact they tried to prostitute them before (or even sell them) for drugs.
- When managed care wants you to do all the therapy and the work and they are Not willing to pay hardly anything for.
- When you have a child at age eight and you know that his chances of recovery from all what happened to him psychologically is very slim!

i absolutely despise evangelical christians who spend all sunday in church ,bibleclasses and "truth forums" only to lead a dishonest , deceitful life outside their congregation. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
091223_reidobamapelosi_ap_2.jpg

-Fat F****ing people who have handicapped permit parking for no obvious reason-usually getting out of their car smoking or doing some other unhealthy behavior-Glad we get to reward you with a handicapped permit for your contribution to society
"

url

:D

I hate to go for a haircut and in front of me is a kid who's having the "once a year" radical haircut before Christmas....

Exit rows ... show up early and beg the person behind the counter (6'6" here). It's worth a few minutes of pitiful groveling.

I gave up my exit row seat (i'm 5'11") once to a guy who was around 6'6". I figure it's WAY more painful, literally, for you guys to sit in regular row coach!

-people going 60 in the fast lane on a four-lane highway

-showing up for your hair appointment only to find that your regular hairdresser is out sick. You can either reschedule or have a stranger do your hair.

-people who incessantly chit-chat behind you in the theater.

-getting pulled over for a headlight or taillight that's out when you realized 5 minutes before hand that it was out.

-hospital politics ... although unavoidable, they can be super irritating nonetheless.

Hmmmm.....

-Patients that think "a good while ago" or "at Uncle Bob's wedding" are acceptable answers to the question, when did this symptom start? (My followup question is, well when the fuq did Uncle Bob get married????)

-The driver that gets to the 4-way stop before you did and then thinks they are doing you a favor by waiting for you to proceed first as you sit there waiting for ******* to go.

-The recurrent dream where I'm still stuck in residency hell.

-A group of slow moving fat people that walk side by side instead of single file making any possibility of getting around them impossible.

-People that think the ponzi borrow and spend budget can continue indefinitely without drastic consequences.

-People that think the depletion of our resources and environment can continue indefinitely without drastic consequences.

-The thought of getting old.

-Putting some vegetable garden bullshet like carrots into a cake and then calling that crap dessert.

-Any memory of residency.

-Country music and hillbilly accents.

-Celebrity worshipers.

-The fact that balloon boy and his dad weren't actually in the flying saucer as it crashed to the ground.

-The Playboy body chick that showed up at the 10 yr reunion 150 pounds heavier. I wanted to cry.

-Anybody that thinks a president who spent $450,000 of other people's money on dishes actually gives a crap about you.

-The guy who's banging the up-side-down chick from one of Dream's posts.

-The people that said, "You hate residency now, but you'll see how it was all worthwhile after you get out on your own." Looking back now, I see how it all still incredibly sucked.

- people telling me NOT to go into medicine because they're not happy with their personal career choices.

- peanut butter.

- potholes. in florida.

- sitting in a cramped row on the plane while the person in the exit row is 4'11 (I'm 6'4'') (tenacious girl: i do REALLY LIKE when people give up their seat for me, i've paid that forward in other ways...)

- anyone pulling the hair from the very back of my head (my sister used to do that when we were kids) ;)

- drunk drivers

- nuclear weapons

- dialing the phone and having an automated voice answer, then, after 10 prompts, getting disconnected!!! WTF. :laugh:

Hmmmm.....

-Patients that think "a good while ago" or "at Uncle Bob's wedding" are acceptable answers to the question, when did this symptom start? (My followup question is, well when the fuq did Uncle Bob get married????)

-The driver that gets to the 4-way stop before you did and then thinks they are doing you a favor by waiting for you to proceed first as you sit there waiting for ******* to go.

-The recurrent dream where I'm still stuck in residency hell.

-A group of slow moving fat people that walk side by side instead of single file making any possibility of getting around them impossible.

-People that think the ponzi borrow and spend budget can continue indefinitely without drastic consequences.
-People that think the depletion of our resources and environment can continue indefinitely without drastic consequences.
-The thought of getting old.
-Putting some vegetable garden bullshet like carrots into a cake and then calling that crap dessert.
-Any memory of residency.
-Country music and hillbilly accents.
-Celebrity worshipers.

-The fact that balloon boy and his dad weren't actually in the flying saucer as it crashed to the ground.

-The Playboy body chick that showed up at the 10 yr reunion 150 pounds heavier. I wanted to cry.
-Anybody that thinks a president who spent $450,000 of other people's money on dishes actually gives a crap about you.

-The guy who's banging the up-side-down chick from one of Dream's posts.

-The people that said, "You hate residency now, but you'll see how it was all worthwhile after you get out on your own." Looking back now, I see how it all still incredibly sucked.

:lol::lol:

I, like, love you right now!!!!!

This oughta be my sig line! it's just a tad too long and doesn't give props to the universe.

But this almost sounds like me!

very, very nice

Last edited:
Here's some more:

-I concur with people putting their seatback down in coach (6'4" here)-not cool

-The d-bag at the haircut store with between 1-3 hairs who comes in to pay for a haircut-"Dude, give it up! You are now bald."

-People that say "Please don't do that, okay?" when you tell them about the possiblity of dental injury with intubation

-Nurses that walk around with fake degrees/multiple engraved acronyms in a long white labcoat (like they are an attending) with a clipboard checking off bull**** from a list ("Oh yeah, by the way, I work until 3 pm each day-but I am here early like you doctors-like around 8 am.")

i absolutely despise evangelical christians who spend all sunday in church ,bibleclasses and "truth forums" only to lead a dishonest , deceitful life outside their congregation. :mad:

:thumbup:

I'll generalize a little further and say I can't stand people who push their religious beliefs on other people. I had an OR nurse give me attitude yesterday for saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". I told her in my worldview it's Happy Holidays and if she had a problem with that she could file a grievance against my pagan ass. :laugh:

Our Christmas Eve extravaganza - two c-sections, three ICU intubations (one awake nasal fiberoptic), two floor codes, two ex-laps, three orthos (one for osteogenesis imperfecta fractures), and a crani for recurrent GBM. Busy enough for one attending and two residents...

When people tell a grieving mother who lost her unborn baby "you are still young, you can have another one".

When you have to hospitalize some one who is claiming " suicide" when you know for a fact that they are going to use it later as a defense in court.

When you tell a twelve year old girl that she has to stay in a group home for Christmas, after she worked her butt off to finish her TX, that she cannot go home since both parents are locked up in prison, for a long time. The extended family you ask? None of them you can approve as a good home. Usually, families go in business of dealing together.

Merry Christmas to all of you
Happy Holidays
Happy New Year
God Bless You for Your Families

rmbsstock,

If that avatar is your actual picture, I gotta tell you that I'm sort of in between being a little turned-on... and a little frightened.

-copro

rmbsstock,

If that avatar is your actual picture, I gotta tell you that I'm sort of in between being a little turned-on... and a little frightened.

-copro

Why are you frightened? I have never heard someone tell me that before! :)

Why are you frightened? I have never heard someone tell me that before! :)

You look a little... eh... I dunno... scary in that picture. Maybe it's the fuzziness or graininess. Maybe it's the dark mascara. But, hard to tell if you're hot... or a witch. :laugh:

-copro

You look a little... eh... I dunno... scary in that picture. Maybe it's the fuzziness or graininess. Maybe it's the dark mascara. But, hard to tell if you're hot... or a witch. :laugh:

-copro

I picked this photo on purpose since it is fuzzy. I do not want to be very obviously clear.
As for the mascara, I have thick black long eyelashes, and I put over them Black mascara. I also, put black eyeliner around my eyes (very thin line).
Many people tell me I look like Penelope Cruz, or Salma Hayek.
However, I do not have the height of Ms. Cruz (unfortunately), but I have Ms. Hayek's height ( I think she is 5' 2).
As for the hair color, I high light my hair, but you can tell it is very dark brown when it start growing.
Anyways copro, thank you for your interest and honesty :thumbup:. I'd rather have you asking rather than you thinking I am a witch. :laugh:

Do not fear me, gypsy. All I want from you is your tears. Please give them to me, or I will take them.

-copro

I hate large gloves. Those things never fit me and im stuck with them. I do not like riding on a plane seated in coach w/o bulkhead or exit row seating its tough for those long flights. I hate 2x scrubs because they do not fit me. Last but not least I do not like 125 dumbells because I play with those dumbells when I bench press, I wish my gym would have up to 200lb dumbells.

We could hold her underwater. If she drowns, then we'll know she wasn't a witch.

It's really the only option if you want to clear your name, rmbsstock.

A better measure for witch hunting.

[YOUTUBE]yp_l5ntikaU[/YOUTUBE]

Do not fear me, gypsy. All I want from you is your tears. Please give them to me, or I will take them.

-copro

I wish you a great future.
RMBS girl are you related to RAMBUS stock?
Just curious...

The Christmas day is over for most of us...and I hope that you got the presents and the loved one were closed to you.
What do you love the most ?
I do love my wife , my daughter , my sister (still thinking about my brother in law...).
I do love to take are of my roses, to have a great dance, to grill in the backyard, to catch a steelhead, to swim in a clean pool, to indulge at Baskin Robbins,to have my elixir - Islay..., have a good cigar, go to Barney's and shop around, Prague girls, happy children around me, Bowers&Wilkins loud loud loud...
I wish that at the next ASA meeting to see a final positive resolution stating that we are the only anesthesia "providers" ( and I hate this word).
I wish that the democrats will be erased from the history book.
I wish for everybody to be healthy.I wish that people will not divorce anymore ( the one with kids...).
I wish to don't do bariatric anesthesia anymore . I wish to have 75 degrees in OR.
I wish that my CRNA's to be from Brasil.
07_brazil_group_01.jpg

I wish you a great future.
RMBS girl are you related to RAMBUS stock?
Just curious...

Yes, actually I have been investing in this stock. It has been a wild ride. But, it is a long term investment.

But what I hate the most are bad doctors. I like how good doctors are described here:
"A good doctor should have three qualities: knowledge, empathy and philosophy.

First, a good doctor should be knowledgeable and should keep abreast of developments in his or her field of expertise. A good doctor should be a skillful diagnostician. A good doctor should neither under-prescribe nor over-prescribe medication to his patients.

Second, a good doctor should have a high Emotional Quotient or EQ. When I was at the Singapore Embassy in Washington, we had two doctors on our panel, a younger man with a high tech practice and an older man with a low tech practice. I noticed that most of my colleagues chose to go to the older man. Why? Probably because he had a warmer personality, was a better listener and communicator and was able to inspire his patients’ confidence in him.

Third, a good doctor should also be a good philosopher. A good doctor should treat his patients in a holistic way. He should counsel his patients on their diet, exercise, and stress management. A good doctor should understand the limits of efficacy of western medicine and should have an open mind to what is called ‘alternative medicine’. A good doctor should be wise and humble not dogmatic and arrogant.

Professor Tommy Koh
Ambassador-at-Large
Ministry of Foreign Affairs"

:laugh: i have to watch this now!

As a 'sister' in this field, if you would accept it, I would want to ask you what is the purpose of this post? Also, what was the purpose of your previous posts when we were discussing another subject and almost the same 'players' were there?
I do not mean anything 'bad or hurtful' honestly, I just want you to look and analyze your motive. If you do or do not see anything its ALL up to you.
With all my respect (not joking)
rmbsstock

RMB stock sounds like you invested in the Chinese market with a name like that. Hope you avoided the Chinese stock market meltdown recently. You have happily stumbled upon the forum with the most passive aggressive physicians on the planet. You will be jabbed at, poked at, and scrutinized. You sound like a very thoughtful and wise medical student, keep up your ideals.

RMB stock sounds like you invested in the Chinese market with a name like that. Hope you avoided the Chinese stock market meltdown recently. You have happily stumbled upon the forum with the most passive aggressive physicians on the planet. You will be jabbed at, poked at, and scrutinized. You sound like a very thoughtful and wise medical student, keep up your ideals.

Thank you for your sound judgement. I agree with you 100%.
As for the stock, I am not able to sell yet till it goes up, or I will lose a lot of money. I should have sold long time ago before the market crashed.
Hopefully all the lawsuits with royalties will end soon with this stock. I will end it with China.
Thank you for caring, I truly mean it.
Sincerely
rs

As a 'sister' in this field, if you would accept it, I would want to ask you what is the purpose of this post? Also, what was the purpose of your previous posts when we were discussing another subject and almost the same 'players' were there?
I do not mean anything 'bad or hurtful' honestly, I just want you to look and analyze your motive. If you do or do not see anything its ALL up to you.
rmbsstock

You are aware that they are referring to Borat aren't you. It's a funny line from a movie. Maybe I am not privy to some inside story, but I am lost why you would be bothered by a Borat quote and someone being amused and stating that they want to rewatch a funny movie. Is there more to the story?

rmbsstock

My "motive" ?? Copro quoted a funny movie ... I'm on vacation ... therefore, I said I'd have to watch it.

... pretty simple.

Also, what was the purpose of your previous posts when we were discussing another subject and almost the same 'players' were there?

Am I missing something, here? If you're referring to the fact that sometimes I post in non-clinical anes threads it's because I figure non-clinical threads are fair game. I have an interest in anesthesiology and I enjoy reading this forum ... but I have no place contributing to clinical threads. I read and learn from the clinical threads but have nothing significant to contribute in a group of residents and attendings concerning the practice of anesthesiology.

People who call me "my friend" when I am not their friend. This is usually followed by a statement intented to boost their own ego or diminish mine.