what do you think about my status? HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misstofu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
My status:
3.5 GPA right now, try to get it higher by the end of 06-07
No Bs
No pcat score ( i will only apply to school that doesn't require the pcat)
-i'm very active in community services, like joining in different clubs (2 clubs so far, 1 year- secretary in different school) also joining in other activies out side of school
hospital volunteer for 3 months
i'm currently volunteer at a pharmacy store for 1 month now..etc...
* well with this status, do you guys think i can get into any of the pharmacy school in CA? or anywhere else that doesn't require the pcat? any suggestion please help..I'LL try to apply early!

Members don't see this ad.

I would take the PCAT. If you do well it will pretty much gurantee you can get into most schools.

misstofu said:
hi everyone,
My status:
No Bs
-i'm very active in community services, like joining in different clubs (2 clubs so far, 1 year- secretary in different school) also joining in other activies out side of school
* well with this status, do you guys think i can get into any of the pharmacy school in CA? or anywhere else that doesn't require the pcat? any suggestion please help..I'LL try to apply early!

In CA, there are quita a few schools now, as you know, so I would focus on the GPA and being involved in something that you really feel dedicated to- not just random volunteering for various things. If you like volunteering at the hospital I would continue that, but don't think that you have to do that in order to get into pharmacy school- if it's working at a shelter, with children, volunteering with kids- whatever it is, I would focus on doing something you really LIKE to do. That way when you write about it in your personal statement, it will make a lot more sense than just volunteering for the sake of volunteering.

For UCSF and UCSD it does not matter when you send your application in, so be sure to make sure it's well thought out and organized, THEN send it in by the deadline.
For UOP, it seems that you are at an advantage if you send in your application earlier on in the pool (--- I had my interview in February and was accepted, but I think that was pretty late)
For Touro I can't say, but it seems they are in rolling admissions, too.

Work hard on your applications (treat it like a full time job) and focus on what you want to say in each of the essays (I think UCSF had five or six essays.)
For the 'Optional' essay for UC supplemental application, DO NOT leave it blank! You must want to say SOMETHING to the admissions committee to explain to them what makes you stand out. So there's your chance. :)

GOOD luck, and PM me if you have any ?s! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for both of your replies.
however, hmm i want to apply early, then i think it's quite late to take the pcat now, in which i'm not ready yet!
but wat about colorado or nevada? do u guys think i can get in those two???

misstofu said:
hi everyone,
My status:
No Bs

i also think you should take the pcats. maybe you should try apply to the ones that don't require them first though.... good experience good gpa.

ahhhhhhh CA. good luck if you apply to university of cali- san fran!

pharmwannebe2 said:
i also think you should take the pcats. maybe you should try apply to the ones that don't require them first though.... good experience good gpa.

ahhhhhhh CA. good luck if you apply to university of cali- san fran!

i have never thought of that, i thought there would be only one choice for me, either take if and apply late or dont take it and apply early...but i can do them both..wayyy awesome...yeah!!!!
thanks......
feel so much better now