What do you think of my chances for PT school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RhinoDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am just wondering what all of you guys think about my chances of getting into these DPT programs. I am a little worried about my GRE score. Do you guys think it will hinder me from getting accepted? Any comments are appreciated!

Major: Biomedical Science
Residency: Washington
cGPA: 3.6
pGPA: 3.7-4.0
sGPA: 3.95
last 60 GPA: 3.95
GRE: V-150 Q-155 AW-4.0

Extra Curricular Activities: Shirley Parker Reading Program, Organic Chemistry Tudor, Chemistry Club, Collegiate Wrestler, Race for the Cure, Special Olympics, Central Minnesota Science fair Judge, and a few more.
Job Shadow Hours: 150 spread between inpatient, outpatient, skilled nursing and pediatrics.

Schools Applying: University of WA, Georgia Regents, NOVA, Midwestern (Glendale and Downers Grove), Franklin Pierce University, University of New England, Pacific University, University of Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am always amazed at the number of folks who ask "what are my chances?" It's not like we are sitting on the AdCom, or have a crystal ball that can reveal the future. And if I had one, I'd be asking it for lottery numbers...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GPA is good, GRE is okay (AW is weak). If not directly in, you could probably get off the waiting list pretty easily/quickly at most schools.

It really depends on the applicant pool. My best advice is to look at each program's PTCAS page and see average admitted statistics and see how you compare. It's a safe bet you'll get an interview if your stats are greater than the average admitted, and likely an acceptance if you rock your interview. Best of luck!