What do you think of WesternU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greentiger1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I know that WesternU is a relatively new school, and I am curious to hear your thoughts about the DMD program there. I got accepted to WesternU, but I am still thinking seriously about Loma Linda where I have an interview next month. From what I have seen, the cost of attendance is similar (please let me know if I am wrong on this!) so I would love to get a comparison on the other factors like the curriculum.

I posted this on the pre-dental forum but it didn't seem to draw much attention. Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

All I know is from what I hear some students I've met. They tell me that western clinical portion is kinda hard because all the patients are on Medicaid/medi-cal so they can only do restorations. It's hard (not impossible) to get other things but it's really on being lucky and getting a patient with some fianancials.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently a 3rd year student at WesternU and many of my friends went to Loma Linda dental school so I can offer some insight. WesternU has really amazing faculty that are genuinely helpful and caring. We have more than enough patients for crowns, dentures, restorative, extractions. Endo may be harder to come by, but most 4th years have had a few already. I know from talking to my friends that a lot of Loma Linda students have a hard time reaching their minimum number of procedures to graduate, and a lot have had to stay in school for an extra semester. WesternU is a new school so all of our facilities are modern. Loma Linda has much more outdated equipment than Western for sure. Also its nice living in Pomona vs Loma Linda, which is in the middle of nowhere. Most patients are on medicaid/medi-cal but more than enough are willing to undergo their treatment.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
All I know about Western is that they should really stop emailing me.