what do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shook33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honest opinions,
MCAT 28 (vr7,ps9,bs12)
GPA about a 3.65-3.8
good amount of extracurriculars
been working in research for the last year.

Im applying to low-mid tier schools, and Im from MA.

Members don't see this ad.

Honest opinions,
MCAT 28 (vr7,ps9,bs12)
GPA about a 3.65-3.8
good amount of extracurriculars
been working in research for the last year.

Im applying to low-mid tier schools, and Im from MA.

you should get in somewhere with those numbers in general i think, but right now its late in the game so its hard to say. it would help if your gpa was a 3.8 and not a 3.65 (and if your BCPM was high also). it seems by your description of yourself that you are the stereotypical average applicant. you should try and stress something unusual about yourself or about an EC if you have one (something that would make you stick out!). hopefully that'll persuade them over your Verbal 7. Goodluck, if you apply this year.

if you choose to take a year off, def retake (especially if you were scoring better on practices) and try and shoot for a >30. if you hit that greater than 30, i bet you will be set. Are there in state schools in MA that are low-mid tier? if so, i would try and put your emphasis on those.

you should get in somewhere with those numbers in general i think, but right now its late in the game so its hard to say. it would help if your gpa was a 3.8 and not a 3.65 (and if your BCPM was high also). it seems by your description of yourself that you are the stereotypical average applicant. you should try and stress something unusual about yourself or about an EC if you have one (something that would make you stick out!). hopefully that'll persuade them over your Verbal 7. Goodluck, if you apply this year.

if you choose to take a year off, def retake (especially if you were scoring better on practices) and try and shoot for a >30. if you hit that greater than 30, i bet you will be set. Are there in state schools in MA that are low-mid tier? if so, i would try and put your emphasis on those.

Thanks for your response. My gpa will probably be somewhere between a 3.7-3.8 when amcas figures it, but I wanted to get a slightly less promising outlook. Umass is the only state school and they avg about a 10 across the boards for mcat we will see.