What Do You Think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bouchard DO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am kinda new to the game. I have wanted to go to medical school for a few years now but didn't get serious about it until recently. I started out college really sick the first two years and made it with a 2.65 at the end of sophmore year. I worked really hard and pulled my head out of my ass and finished in May with a GPA of 3.4. I am completing an full semester internship in the fall at a local hospital with a diabetes treatment program. I will also publish a journal article in September with a professor, and I am in the process of making corrections on it now before I submit it. I have a couple hundred volunteer hours, in addition to being the president of a fraternity my senior year. I have yet to take the MCAT, which is a big challenge for me right now. I was planning on taking it in October, but I didn't realize the last chance to take it was in September. I was oringinally planning on applying to DO schools, hence the name, but I doubt I can get into any of them for the Fall 2012 class taking the MCAT for the first time so late. I feel like I will do well on the BS section and verbal, but poor on the PS section, making my score lower than it needs to be. I want to apply to start at one of the Caribbean schools in Fall 2012 or January 2013. I would really like to go to St. George. Please let me know what you think and provide me with any advice that you have for me!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you may have a shot at the U.S. medical schools. If you need that extra year, just take it. I think it will make all the difference if you apply early but do it the following year.

The grades are beyond the cutoff scores and I am assuming you had an awesome upward trend. So try for the U.S. MD or DO schools first (if it is not possible this year then apply the following year). Make sure to keep improving your stats during the application process (just in case things don't work out).

Best of luck to you!

Last edited: