What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimmyeatworld

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I submitted my application tonight. I wanted to see what you thought of my chances. I have a 2.91 science GPA, overall 3.37 and a 23 MCAT 8P, 7 V, 8 B. I applied to Temple, Scholl, AZPod, Des Moines, Western, and Samuel Merrit. Let me know what you guys think please. I'm not sure if I need to retake the MCAT or not I just want to get into one of those schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I submitted my application tonight. I wanted to see what you thought of my chances. I have a 2.91 science GPA, overall 3.37 and a 23 MCAT 8P, 7 V, 8 B. I applied to Temple, Scholl, AZPod, Des Moines, Western, and Samuel Merrit. Let me know what you guys think please. I'm not sure if I need to retake the MCAT or not I just want to get into one of those schools. Thanks!

What were your grades in the prerequisite courses? Your science GPA is a bit low.

I struggled in my Chem courses. I had C's in both Ochems, B- in Gen Chem 1 and C+ in Gen Chem 2. A- in Bio 100, A- in Bio 120, A- in Molecular Bio, B in Micro Bio, B- in Physiology. I took a 5 credit math course and got a C in it my freshman year that's what killed me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like i'm in a similar boat as you jimmyeatworld, I just have a higher science gpa but a lower mcat.

what do you think my chances are?

3.1 science
3.3 overall
20 MCAT

LOR's from podiatrists and professors, volunteering and all that

I feel like i'm in a similar boat as you jimmyeatworld, I just have a higher science gpa but a lower mcat.

3.1 science
3.3 overall
20 MCAT

your mcat is a little low for a few schools but i can see you landing some interviews with your stats.

Anybody have any ideas on my chances? Ha now I'm getting nervous. I have over 100 hours of shadowing, I'm the pre-pod club president at my school and have 2 years over 200 hours of research

You should get into all those schools.

3.1 science
3.3 overall
20 MCAT

You are not in the same situation. Jimmy has a23 mcat and you have a 20. Though I feel you can get into most programs, I fear that a few may not accept you. (Western, OCPM) However, you will get in somewhere!

Hey guys my best friend just got his MCAT scores back, he has similar stats as I do. He wanted me to ask about his chances. He got a 22 MCAT, has a 2.86 sgpa, and a 3.25 overall. He has a lot of volunteer and has over 100 hrs shadowing. Anyways he wanted me to ask you about his chances. They are similar to mine just a bit lower in some areas. Thanks!

I understand people have stories and reasons, but I hope these kinds of stats don't fly this early in the cycle.

I don't understand what the point of your post was, but that didn't answer any questions for anyone, thanks for not helping, much appreciated

Hey guys my best friend just got his MCAT scores back, he has similar stats as I do. He wanted me to ask about his chances. He got a 22 MCAT, has a 2.86 sgpa, and a 3.25 overall. He has a lot of volunteer and has over 100 hrs shadowing. Anyways he wanted me to ask you about his chances. They are similar to mine just a bit lower in some areas. Thanks!

He should be able to gain acceptance to any of the pod programs

it just takes some time.

jimmy

I will bet you one months paycheck that you secure multiple offers for admission to podiatry school. Relax and just wait for the interview offers to roll in. Congrats. Im being 100% serious here.