What does being a pharmacist mean to you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btbucb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi forum. I don't post much but I've been following for a while.

I was wondering what does being a pharmacist mean to you?

What do you hope to achieve when you go to work on a daily basis?
Do you or should you act a certain way?
Should pharmacists have certain qualities or skills?
What do you expect of your fellow pharmacists?

You can start of by saying:
I hope/try to be.....
A pharmacist is......

Everyone is welcome to chime in, pharmacy students too.
Please keep it positive and have fun with it!
I'm hoping this will be inspirational!

Members don't see this ad.

A pharmacist is a health care professional that strives to obtain as many credentials and letters after their name as possible. (Just check out the women who wrote the 2013 BCPS cardiology chapters and you'll see what I mean).

Members don't see this ad :)
Write your own admission essay.

we is just fill presciription as from doctor who is determine what to give and we give drug to people

high functioning retail employee (formerly)

we is just fill prescription as from doctor who is determine what to give and we give drug to people
I have got to jump in and call BS on the language thing now. Including and prior to Jul 3, 2013 you wrote thoughtful posts with good (well, for the internet) English. After a several month break, you started posting in Dec 2013 with broken (but not consistent) English and most of your posts are inflammatory or at least not constructive.

Reactions: 1 user
6 years 6 figure! $6k/month, crap pay! Yea! A mistake! Being a slave worker for the rest of your life and having someone to answer to all the time. Should have gone to be a doctor. More money, autonomy, and prestige...

Saturation, declining salaries, corporatization, loss of independence, and struggling to find a job.

I have got to jump in and call BS on the language thing now. Including and prior to Jul 3, 2013 you wrote thoughtful posts with good (well, for the internet) English. After a several month break, you started posting in Dec 2013 with broken (but not consistent) English and most of your posts are inflammatory or at least not constructive.

It is you do not know so do not assume..I is have accident and has effect language ability. I am only try but is very hardd. Why is you following me so anyway?? I am just try and contiritbute...

An instrument that I'm good at, a useful career and financial tools to effect larger objectives. Pushing for a more just and meritocratic future require both money and time.

Honestly, to me it's just a job that pays very well to do menial tasks. It pays enough to allow me to support myself and a family comfortably, yet does not consume my whole life through schooling requirements, or during my working career. In fact, it has given me the financial means and enough spare time to pursue completely different things like investing, traveling, music and other hobbies. So to me, being a pharmacist means... I get to do lots of other things outside of pharmacy.

It is you do not know so do not assume..I is have accident and has effect language ability. I am only try but is very hardd. Why is you following me so anyway?? I am just try and contiritbute...
Hey everyone. I really want to apologize. I shouldn't have assumed I knew what was going on with extra07extra. I got carried away "troll-hunting" in a way I shouldn't have. I have already been a real jerk (worse words would be appropriate) and then apologized profusely in private messages.

I really shouldn't be on SDN anymore since I took a leave of absence (3 years ago) from pharmacy school because of some family issues that never ended.

I am going to do as much as I can to close my account now (I know SDN doesn't really allow it).

Sorry again.

Honestly, to me it's just a job that pays very well to do menial tasks. It pays enough to allow me to support myself and a family comfortably, yet does not consume my whole life through schooling requirements, or during my working career. In fact, it has given me the financial means and enough spare time to pursue completely different things like investing, traveling, music and other hobbies. So to me, being a pharmacist means... I get to do lots of other things outside of pharmacy.

This is kinda true somedays lol

Last edited:
It just sounds cool and provides my opinions with the extra oomph. :)

Reactions: 1 user
You should avoid trolling from your workplace in California and stop posting with multiple accounts. We do report repeated violations to schools or employers for network abuse.

Reactions: 2 users