What does it mean when a guy doesn't call you when he said he would?

keepingthehope

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting mixed signals from this guy that I like a lot. We flirted and emailed back and forth. At gatherings, he would always look at me in a special kind of way even when we're surrounded by lots of people. I know he liked me too because he was very chivalric to me and talked about the possibility of having a family with me. He even said that whatever happens he'll be there for me. What girl wouldn't fall for a guy like this?? So I told him I liked him alot and wanted to be more to him than just friends. Then, he asked for my number and said that he would call to tell me his feelings. I waited and waited and waited and guess what? the bastard never called. What the f*ck is wrong with guys??? They go out their way to get your number and when you do give it to them, they don't call you. Does it mean he doesn't like me, doesn't think much of me, or just stopped liking me? If he's just playing me, I will really really hate him and will never let him have a place in my heart ever again.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm getting mixed signals from this guy that I like a lot. We flirted and emailed back and forth. At gatherings, he would always look at me in a special kind of way even when we're surrounded by lots of people. I know he liked me too because he was very chivalric to me and talked about the possibility of having a family with me. He even said that whatever happens he'll be there for me. What girl wouldn't fall for a guy like this?? So I told him I liked him alot and wanted to be more to him than just friends. Then, he asked for my number and said that he would call to tell me his feelings. I waited and waited and waited and guess what? the bastard never called. What the f*ck is wrong with guys??? They go out their way to get your number and when you do give it to them, they don't call you. Does it mean he doesn't like me, doesn't think much of me, or just stopped liking me? If he's just playing me, I will really really hate him and will never let him have a place in my heart ever again.

No offense, but you give me the impression that you are still a teenager. How old are you?

Never ever wait by the phone hoping for this player to call you! Never ever tell a guy you like him a lot until you really know him. Many guys will say, " I will give you a call" but that is not necessarily true. If he doesn't call, just forget it. Sorry, honey, but HE MAY NOT BE INTO YOU. I highly suggest you rent the movie "He's Just Not That Into You"- it explains a lot about how guys communicate (what they say vs how they behave). It was not only informative but it was a very entertaining.

I've met a number of guys who flirt with me and ask for my phone number or offer their number but that's all it is - just meaningless flirting that will give the guy an ego boost (ie. brag to his male friends) but won't lead to a relationship. A guy who wants a relationship won't only flirt with you but will care for you more any of your friends. When he says will call, he will. He won't leave you dangling for weeks and months.

Tips:

1)Keep busy. The worst thing to do is to lay around like a couch potato expecting life to happen to you when you are the one that makes life happen.

2) Embark on a journey of self discovery - read up on some spiritual literature and meditate. You have to know who you really are to know what type of relationship you really want with a man. The most important relationship is the one you have with your inner divinity.

3) Make many friends (both men and women) - they don't necessarily have to lead to romantic relationships. You never know if a female friend/male friend has a brother, other relatives, friend of their brother,or co-workers that may be looking to date. Very often, people date acquaintances from their circle of friends or relatives.

4)Hit the gym - maybe even hire a personal trainer - so you can be in tip top shape. You won't only feel good but will look your best. When you feel more confident about your body, this will carry over to confidence in social situations and your school/work environment.

5)Register for extra-curricular activities: music classes, dance classes,learn a new language etc. It is not only a good way to keep busy but it will make you an interesting individual.

6) Travel (if you have the means) - it is a great distraction and will make you more interesting as a person because you will be familiar with different cultures, history etc. and have interesting things to talk about (including funny adventures or culture clashes) with friends or future boyfriends.

7) Read the news - be on top of everything going on in the world (ie.politics, sports, economics,entertainment, scientific discoveries) - so you can engage in interesting conversations with co-workers or friends or a future date.

Life starts now. Don't wait for this player. Go out alone every weekend if you have to (ie. browse local bookstores, museum exhibits, university campuses, swank lounges etc.) . Take time to really apply your make up well (get a makeover if you have to) , fix your hair and dress elegantly so you look really smashing. Smile and someone will be smiling back...

Soon enough, you will forget the name of this player and won't remember what he looks like. Love is a game of probability. The more people you meet, the higher the likelihood that you will hit the jackpot. If it didn't work with this fellow, it is because someone BETTER is destined for you. Life goes on...

What do other gals on SDN think about my tips?

Last edited:
No offense, but you give me the impression that you are still a teenager. How old are you?

Never ever wait by the phone hoping for this player to call you! Never ever tell a guy you like him a lot until you really know him. Many guys will say, " I will give you a call" but that is not necessarily true. If he doesn't call, just forget it. Sorry, honey, but HE MAY NOT BE INTO YOU. I highly suggest you rent the movie "He's Just Not That Into You"- it explains a lot about how guys communicate (what they say vs how they behave). It was not only informative but it was a very entertaining.

I've met a number of guys who flirt with me and ask for my phone number or offer their number but that's all it is - just meaningless flirting that will give the guy an ego boost (ie. brag to his male friends) but won't lead to a relationship. A guy who wants a relationship won't only flirt with you but will care for you more any of your friends. When he says will call, he will. He won't leave you dangling for weeks and months.

Tips:

1)Keep busy. The worst thing to do is to lay around like a couch potato expecting life to happen to you when you are the one that makes life happen.

2) Embark on a journey of self discovery - read up on some spiritual literature and meditate. You have to know who you really are to know what type of relationship you really want with a man. The most important relationship is the one you have with your inner divinity.

3) Make many friends (both men and women) - they don't necessarily have to lead to romantic relationships. You never know if a female friend/male friend has a brother, other relatives, friend of their brother,or co-workers that may be looking to date. Very often, people date acquaintances from their circle of friends or relatives.

4)Hit the gym - maybe even hire a personal trainer - so you can be in tip top shape. You won't only feel good but will look your best. When you feel more confident about your body, this will carry over to confidence in social situations and your school/work environment.

5)Register for extra-curricular activities: music classes, dance classes,learn a new language etc. It is not only a good way to keep busy but it will make you an interesting individual.

6) Travel (if you have the means) - it is a great distraction and will make you more interesting as a person because you will be familiar with different cultures, history etc. and have interesting things to talk about (including funny adventures or culture clashes) with friends or future boyfriends.

7) Read the news - be on top of everything going on in the world (ie.politics, sports, economics,entertainment, scientific discoveries) - so you can engage in interesting conversations with co-workers or friends or a future date.

Life starts now. Don't wait for this player. Go out alone every weekend if you have to (ie. browse local bookstores, museum exhibits, university campuses, swank lounges etc.) . Take time to really apply your make up well (get a makeover if you have to) , fix your hair and dress elegantly so you look really smashing. Smile and someone will be smiling back...

Soon enough, you will forget the name of this player and won't remember what he looks like. Love is a game of probability. The more people you meet, the higher the likelihood that you will hit the jackpot. If it didn't work with this fellow, it is because someone BETTER is destined for you. Life goes on...

What do other gals on SDN think about my tips?

That's more of a girl thing.

For the guy, I would have lost all hope for the phone call with the "calling to tell you my feelings" line.

Members don't see this ad :)

He said he would call...for the sole purpose of telling you his feelings?

Who DOES that?

A big problem is right here when you "talked about the possibility of having a family with me," apparently before you even kissed. Don't you see a really big issue here that you might need to address with a professional?

What girl wouldn't fall for a guy like this?? So I told him I liked him alot and wanted to be more to him than just friends. Then, he asked for my number and said that he would call to tell me his feelings. .

classic.

It means he likes you, probably not crazy about you though. Sounds like something I would have said in high school, ahaha.

He needs to cowboy-the-F***-up.

He probably had second thoughts. No biggie. Tons of other people yo.