SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ChrisSteffen, Dec 5, 2000.

1. ChrisSteffen

ChrisSteffen Member 10+ Year Member

May 26, 2000
    St. Paul, MN USA
    I received a letter from the Universit of Minnesota stating that i was being placed in the "hold" category. It went on to say that I would be notified wether I would be moved to the wait-list, accept, or reject category when other applicants were screened. Should I see this as a harbinger of doom, or do people eventually succeed from this status?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. FourthTime

FourthTime Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 2, 2000
    I was in the "hold" category at GW a few years ago, only to get rejected in March.
  4. KMorris3

KMorris3 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2000
    It's better than an outright rejection. But I would say the odds of getting accepted after being put on hold are pretty slim. My best advice would be not to count on it. Concentrate on other schools until this one gives you further information.
  5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Only advice I can give is to do things NOW to try and move your application off the hold list.

Do something spectacular with volunteering and call the school to let them know.

Do not be afraid to call the school just to ask them the status of your application.

Make sure you are SUPER POLITE and ask whether or not the person (secretary, or whomever) has time to look up your application.

But, like I said, do something special to help your chances.

Hold does not mean rejected!

Best of luck to you!

Keep us posted!!!

Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
    "D.O. Wannabe"