What does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My file has been complete at a few schools for anywhere from 1 to 2 months. Many of these school are handing out interviews and rejection letters. Although I have received some interviews and some rejections, I have heard nothing from some of the schools that are giving interviews and rejections.

What does this mean? I suspect my file was tossed into a pile for later review. Is that what is going on here?

Members don't see this ad.

Loki-

I am in the same situation. With the exception of NYU, most of my schools are handing out rejections or interviews. I called all of the schools last week and all but one said that my file is still under review and I will hear by February. No news is good news I guess!

Same here, with exception of Sinai (which wants the verified app) and HMS (anyone heard from them?), still waiting to hear from schools who are handing out interviews amd rejections

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing here.. Dont worry, they'll get to us, sooner or later..

Applying to med school involves lots and lots and LOTS of waiting. This early in the game, no news is good news. They haven't made a decision about your app yet... the admissions committee is quite busy. Just keep your fingers crossed that something good will happen. Good luck!!

This is way too early to be concerned about such things this year!! Maybe in a normal year...this year, start getting worried if you aren't hearing stuff by around January.

Loki, are you verified? That may be the problem. I am in the same boat; 11 secondaries in, and only two responses (one interview and one rejection). I was verified on Friday and am hoping to get some movement soon.