What does this mean???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

em783

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Possible explanations: Waitlistees/applicants in general are sorta like privacy patients...your name may come up, but it's against institutional policy to say anything.
Or there might be a computer program that the friend of your friend doesn't have access to.

My advice? Put all dangerous objects away, get drunk, and go to bed. Call the office in the morning. However, considering the situation, do you want the med school to know that you've been sluething? Exactly how would the conversation go?

"um, I'm a waitlistee, and I have a friend who is a friend of Dr. Soandso, and Dr. Soandso told my friend who told me that he looked up my name on the computer and there's no record of me, so I'm really worried about my status..."

I hope there's some logical explanation for all of this. I don't certainly don't envy you, as I'm waiting until May1 before I find out where I am on a waitlist. Anyway, lots of HUGS!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. RELAX. That's the most important part. If you interviewed, and were waitlisted, there is obviously a record of you.

If you want to know how you're ranked on the list, I would call the school tomorrow and talk to them directly. Chances are they'll tell you you're not ranked, because schools don't really rank on a scale of 1 to 100. They have some people they really like, some they don't really, and some that fit into a spot based on who decides not to join their class. If you fit that spot, you're in. If you don't, you're not. I will tell you that you will fit that spot better if you show interest in the school, because nobody wants to take someone from a waitlist. Don't hide your curiosity by going through a friend's friend's sister's professor. Be up front and honest.

And, RELAX.

i'd suggest for you to get some sleep, call tomorrow bright and early WITHOUT mentioning anythign about your friend/profesor who told you this info. just check to see the status of your application. any mention of your friend might bring question marks to you as an applicant. well, not exactly but i think you know what i'm trying to get at?? :confused:

i'd say your name was misspelled when typed into the computer. obviously if you've received a secondary, interview, and waitlist spot, your name should come up..... i honestly doubt that they would delete your from their system even if you were rejected (which i hope you are not :) ) but seriously....i think it is just a typo problem!