What does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chapinsita

from premed to med!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I get a postcard last week from George Washington. I figured it was just a "application completed" notice, but today when I actually went to read it, it says:

"You application has been reviewed. We have placed you on hold and will notify you immediately if your status changes."

Huh? So does this mean that I am on "hold for an interview" or they just decided to continue reviewing me at a later date? Has anyone else gotten this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it means "We'll interview you only if we don't like the rest of the applications in our pile, but you're good enough that we aren't ready to reject you quite yet."

Good luck -
doepug

Thanks doepug,

Basically, I should just think of this as a prolongued rejection. My first one. Oh-well. Next.:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Hold merely means they aren't ready to deciede about your application yet. My friend was put on hold for 10 weeks and then offered an interview which lead to an acceptance. It is not a kiss of death. It is not a rejection either. I would contact them in 8-10 weeks if they haven't contacted you and ask about an interview. that is what my friend did.

Good job, I m sure u ll get an interview.:clap:

Don't guess...just call the school up and ask what it means.

Hola chapinsita linda, como estas preciosa? Hey, mandame un IM para platicar contigo, tengo muchas cosas que decirte y estoy seguro que tu a mi. Te acuerdas de mi screen name o no? MIra, mandame un PM y en el mandame tu screen name de AIM para poder mandarte un mensage, si? Bueno cuidate muchisisisisimo, te mando unos besitos y pues esperare tu mensage.

Eduardo