What does "Working in the Industry" mean?

Started by PharmaT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmaT

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. I'm a Pre-Pharmacy student applying this year. Someone posted about how he just graduated Pharmacy school and wished he pursued "the industry." He said the students who pursued the industry had secure job opportunities and didn't worry about post-graduation employment. What is this, and what is the pharmacists role in "the industry." I'm assuming it's something related to pharmaceutical companies but I'm not too sure.

Thanks!
 
I think it's when you pick up extra chemistry courses so if you don't get a job in pharmacy you can manufacture meth and designer bath salts for the cartels.
 
Hey all. I'm a Pre-Pharmacy student applying this year. Someone posted about how he just graduated Pharmacy school and wished he pursued "the industry." He said the students who pursued the industry had secure job opportunities and didn't worry about post-graduation employment. What is this, and what is the pharmacists role in "the industry." I'm assuming it's something related to pharmaceutical companies but I'm not too sure.

Thanks!

It would be ironic to have a username with the words "pharma" and not know what industry means. But yes working in the industry can entail multiple positions in pharma. I am sure a quick google search would tell you the various roles that pharmacists undertake.