What does your screen name represent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmist

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of interesting names on here and sometimes wonder what the story behind them are. I thought it'd be cool to have everyone share what their names mean.

One day I was at work and a southern guy came in and asked if I was the pharmist. I said no our pharm-a-cist is over there, she'll be right with you.

That's how I came up with my name. According to that guy, I'm gonna be a pharmist one day.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine's a complex combination of letters closely associated with my being. ;)

My name represents all the degrees I hope to get by the time I'm 40 (25 now.....):D

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is a fake name I concocted. Possibly an alter-ego

alena doma = Ellen is home (in Russian)

I majored in both Biology and Accounting in college, and my screen name represents my two interests: medical-CPA.

Mine is the city where my appartment is. I know, boring right?

something close to my last name

my dog's name is blue, and he was standing beside me, so i thought, its blue.. 2 just rhymes

My screen name represents the name that I would give myself if I were in the mafia.:rolleyes:

The name also tells you that I live in a secret location in california.

Mine is the city I currently live in and call home and Coug is a reference to the University at which I received my undergrad degree (Washington State).

Members don't see this ad :)
It's from an ongoing Marvel comic book series called Dark Avengers who are basically evil Avengers. The leader of the team is my screename.
darkavengers1.jpg

I'm hooked on coffee and I need my daily "dose" of it.... like a drugggg! :love::laugh:

I like sprinkles...they make cupcakes complete :)

Anyone using some sort of variation of "Pharm" or "Farm" or "pharmer" "farmer" or anything of the sort can just go ahead and say "I was trying to be clever" but the only one who could really claim that would be the first person to think of it. Everyone else is just lame.

Pharmasaurasrx! Yea!

ValeUC, you didn't explain your screen name!

Mine alludes to how much I love science, and how I fooled myself for so many years avoiding biology, math and chemistry, and how one day I finally had a "eureka!" moment.

Lame but descriptive: my school + my undergraduate degree (microbiology & immunology).

So mine's in reference to a TV show on the SciFi channel during the late 90s/early 2000s. It was my favorite show at the time, combining Jim Henson puppets and sci fi. I still really like the show and will occasionally re-watch the DVDs.

Farscape was so cool when it first started... I'm such a nerd. : /

Mine is dull. The University I go to (Benedictine University) and well...student

Farscape was so cool when it first started... I'm such a nerd. : /

Me, too. It's not like I don't watch other TV, but my favorites are usually sci fi. Star Trek DSN, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica... Although I have to admit that I almost didn't watch Battlestar Galactica b/c SciFi cancelled Farscape so prematurely. My husband and I still have arguments about which show's better. He says BG; I say they're both good for different reasons.

Sorry to go off topic...

Last edited:
I am an avid automobile and motorsports enthusiast. Especially BMW and Porsche.

Bavaria is the federal state in Germany where the BMW company started building airplanes (they built planes before cars).

MW stands for Motoren Werke, and E46 is the model BMW that I currently own and drive.

Well there is a russian fable about the fox, the crow and cheese.When I was playing in amateur theater, I got the part of the fox.So during rehearsals I just was playing around with it,so my fellow coactors gave me nickname.Crazy Fox

lol. now I can pick them, easy :laugh: ... i love that movie

:smuggrin: The beginning plot of the movie is genius.. of course the drama of special olympics is heartwarming in the end. But fixing the special olympics.. so Stavi can get his fingers back.. genius plot.

Sitting in Gen Chem II years ago, I decided I needed a cool chemistry-related screen name.

NaOH didn't require subscripts.

Been using it ever since.

Hasn't changed it much since i was young. I love riding the 4-wheeler throught the MN and WI forests. And the 400 is the engine... time to upgrade :rolleyes:

my first name starts with an L, so my bf just added the sexie to it:love:

Screen name of my mage on World of Warcraft :)

Yeah....call me nerdy....but that game is too fun! I just quit the game though...to get ready to work hard in pharmacy school.

I literally just typed in random letters and made the name up. First 'D', then 'y'....thought for a couple seconds and added 'sic'.

I looked it up later on google and found out it is a word that has something to do with soil. LOL

Well I wanna do a PharmD, I'm still a kid because I'm young, and I was born in '89...so PharmDKid89..though I'm thinking of changing it to PharmDGirl89 b/c many people on this site think I'm a boy :uhno:, but I'm a girl LOL.

I was taking anatomy at the time and thought that I'm more of the relaxed type.

Favorite Star Trek character ever!!! LOL...I'm a nerd too :laugh::D

Kirby is my nickname because I have a round face like Nintendo Kirby (. . ) and when I get "mad" I do the puff thing that Kirby does when he's angry. Plus, I think it's a cute name. =)

pharmacy - kind of obvious where that came from

gopher - mascot of the University of Minnesota. I did undergrad, grad, and now pharmacy school here. I'm also a huge Golden Gopher sports fan. Ski-U-Mah!

Beyonce's "Diva" was on the radio, so RX + Diva ;)

Mine just explains my, um, preferences. :p

Milk tea? Thai tea? In your strawberry snowbubble?

I like sprinkles...they make cupcakes complete :)

OOOOHHH!!!! You should DEFINITELY check out Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills or Newport Beach. I LOVE THEM! If you're not around those areas, you can order them online too.

My screen name is simply mean 5minutes. I guess it created it because I cannot stay at one place longer than 5 minutes. I am an active person, and I do thing very quickly like walking, or eating.

SHC- my initals 1984- my birth year. My is easy to get I know. lol...