What does your SDN handle mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took a class called political ideologies, and the name political sounded badass

i got a B+ in that class >.>

Members don't see this ad.

Goose is a nickname of mine and Goosewing is a sailing term so my username fits nicely :)

I made it up in 7th grade. I had no idea what it meant then and still don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
It means I like black panties and didn't want to name myself something like SuperSurgeon2020 or Jessica0287. :oops:

A combo of Mercyful Fate, a Danish metal band that was active in the 80's-90's, and MRSA.

reverse......no mcat

I really hated that test

I just figured out yours. You're a sick bas***d. :laugh:

I was listening to the radio, and they were having people say the letters "I-H-O-P" then "ness." It was so funny to hear different people say it. It's immature, I know.

It was just fate that I happened to register on SDN the same day.

Haha wow very subtle. I only figured it out once StudyShy pointed it out otherwise it would've gone completely under the radar.

I do research with rhesus macaques. And what is the meaning of life if not to have a punny SDN username?

Lol rhesus I always read your handle as "Roo-Species" in my head until now. Shows how much I'm paying attention...

Mine is that my name starts with the letter D and I use the word beast a lot.

i'm fascinated by mold

^^hahaha

I took a class on ancient militaries before signing up and... went with it. Hypaspists were only the most bad*ss elite infantry force in Alexander's army..

^^hahaha

I took a class on ancient militaries before signing up and... went with it. Hypaspists were only the most bad*ss elite infantry force in Alexander's army..

That's pretty cool. :thumbup:

One of my teachers wrote a book on amphibious warfare. I still need to read it.

Members don't see this ad :)
. . . november 4th.

Kinda like saying, "and then, nov. 4th," the day I met my favorite person :)

Last edited:
Haha wow very subtle. I only figured it out once StudyShy pointed it out otherwise it would've gone completely under the radar.
leave it to the nurse in a forum full of pre-meds and med-heads to figure it out...

Good work, Shy! :thumbup:

What does your SDN handle mean or what significance does it have for you?

Well, I'm very interested in aerospace medicine. An aerospace medicine fellowship generally requires a residency in family, internal medicine, or emergency. (Let's ignore for that moment that neurology is also being considered by some programs now, which I also have an interest in.)

I have an interest in LGBT health and their greatest need is in primary care. Primary is generally family and internal medicine.

Internal aerospace sounded ridiculous.

Family aerospace on the other hand didn't sound too bad, plus when I was working on my graduate thesis, I used to talk a lot about the best crew for a long duration space mission might actually be a crew made up of family members. So that gave me another reason to pick family aerospace.

I'm from kansas and am thinking pediatrics, plus i'm also a kid myself at heart!

wolverine%20variant.jpg

'nuff said.

people usually think my name is from rugrats, but no...

the reptar bar is a vert skate trick.

My name is Cole. And I'm on the roll.

LOL^^ Mine is Reaction because I am as dangerous as an unexpected chemical reaction(Jk) Honestly I have no idea why I chose this name.. went with what first came to mind

I have been using this for almost eveything internet wise since I was in sixth grade. I guess at the time I liked things that were tie dyed (hippie phase?) and I am a dog lover.

When I was 14, I was really into metal/hardcore music. Over the years, this handle just kinda stuck. I still go to hardcore shows so I guess it's still somewhat appropriate. haha.

Pretty self-explanatory; magic is a hobby of mine. I wouldn't say I'm necessarily good enough to call myself a "magician", but the name just sounded appealing, and hopefully it's a title I can rightfully achieve someday :)

Laplace = genius behind the Laplace Transform method of solving differential equations

My intials and my best time (without decimals) in the 400 hurdles.

I like playing Starcraft 2. Dark Templars are legit. 23 is my favorite number :)

From my ER tech days, a new onset left bundle branch block on an EKG = suggestive for heart attack.

It is my college nickname + my year of birth.

Was told by my friends, family and harsh critics that I would set the world for change with my outlook on situation and solutions for issues that most people would just give up on.

I live in Texas and the Knight is from the batman movie the "dark night" and somehow it metamorphosed to knight (wtf I know)...

I live in Texas and the Knight is from the batman movie the "dark night" and somehow it metamorphosed to knight (wtf I know)...
um.. i think the christian bale movie was in fact dark knight

Mine is a word that I thought I made up by combining sustentaculum and spectacular, but it turns out it's a type of cell, which I thought was kinda cool.

My intials and my best time (without decimals) in the 400 hurdles.

wow that's fast

I think my 400m sprint was like 70 something seconds (I did shot put lol)

I kinda wanna run on my HS track now.

When I was a freshman in HS an extremely inebriated senior gave everyone on the baseball team a nick-name, based off of his made up "Pastry Club" (as I said, EXTREMELY drunk). Since he was the leader, obviously he was the King Croissant. As the youngest and smallest member of the team, I was dubbed Hot Biscuit Slim. It stuck.

my identical twin is applying with me this cycle and both our names start with M, so mickey and minnie (not our names thank God) are a play on our nicknames from when we were little. so, mickeymed and minniemed became our handles.:)

When I was a freshman in HS an extremely inebriated senior gave everyone on the baseball team a nick-name, based off of his made up "Pastry Club" (as I said, EXTREMELY drunk). Since he was the leader, obviously he was the King Croissant. As the youngest and smallest member of the team, I was dubbed Hot Biscuit Slim. It stuck.

This is so my favorite so far.