What does your SDN handle mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHOPness

H. H. Holmes
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does your SDN handle mean or what significance does it have for you?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a modification on this guy's nickname to reflect my high school and college mascot.

epic-beard-man.jpg

misspelt bernoulli (math genius)...

Members don't see this ad :)
It means I chose a completely random word that can't be used to identify me.

pretty much every online video game I play and forum I join i use doodles or something of the like...

First time it was used was by my brother for counterstrike... then i just took it and used it... A LOT
ALOT.png

First name and then birth month and day. So original. I know.

kingdom phylum class order family genus species

I couldn't think of anything better...

When I was young I was on a swim team, and our mascot was a Duck. I've used something with ducks involved for everything online since I was 12 or so.
It has nothing to do with the school that has a duck as their mascot :p

Members don't see this ad :)
My school, shortened name of our mascot, and an easy number to remember.

I'm kind of obsessed with skylines. This country has so many great ones... nyc, chicago, dallas, miami, SF... The sight of a downtown against a sunrise/sunset, or even in the dead of night never ceases to 'wow' me.

Mine is a sort of a double entendre...

I'm a "hopeful doc" as in someone who's hopeful that he'll be a physician some day in the future..

But I'm also a "hopeful doc" because I already have a Ph.D., so I'm a doc who's hopeful about something... again, being a physician some day.

The numbers at the end are the zip code of the school where I got my Ph.D., which also happens to be a school that awards M.D.'s.

Last edited:
Mine supposed to be a play on the words "cock of the walk", but I'm sure some people don't think puns are as funny as i do

I couldn't come up with a name. I wanted the appearance that I don't study, but the truth is, I study all the time. It makes me hot. :D

Play on words of the "roflcopter" gif/game. That or I own the worlds only flying raffle enterprise. You decide!

I wear hooded sweatshirts all the time.....currently wearing UMass Amherst Hockey. Go MinuteMen. :thumbup:

I like to tap dance. Not sure where the 'fool' part came from. Might have been a nickname in drama or dance. And I like the number 6. Doubly.

Last winter I was walking down this snowny slope to my apartment (I live on the side of a mountain) when I slipped. The blunt car key I was holding went through my hand. Thus I am keyinhand :)

me: crap I need a user name

*looks around room*
*see a bottle of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)*
*start typing it out*
*got lazy after isoprop*

Well, since I'm a neuro major and think the brain is awesome, I chose SarahBellum as a play on cerebellum. That was the only brain pun I could come up with. And the #1 is just random.

I do research with rhesus macaques. And what is the meaning of life if not to have a punny SDN username?

"Hey baby i hear the blues a'callin..."

Then I later realized that I spelled the name wrong and was like: :smack:

Hippopotamus is just such an entertaining word to say. Also, they're the most dangerous mammal in Africa. Which is kind of cool and unexpected.

It was summer and the chanterelle season and I had been eating foods containing chanterelles every day. They are one of my favourite foods.

chanterelles.JPG

Its supposed to be Ezio, not Etzio…..typo :(. I chose it after Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, the most bad***** assassin out there. His leap of faith into a haystack, is like my leap of faith in med school applications and in life.

It was summer and the chanterelle season and I had been eating foods containing chanterelles every day. Chanterelles are one of my favourite foods. Also it sounded like a decent name.

chanterelles.JPG

mmmmmmm....

race, random number, gender. so unoriginal, but i could care less..

I have kids, and I fix/sew back together their toys when they (frequently) rip or break.

PS. Why you gotta bite off my style like that? :laugh:

pretty much every online video game I play and forum I join i use doodles or something of the like...

First time it was used was by my brother for counterstrike... then i just took it and used it... A LOT
ALOT.png

Its supposed to be Ezio, not Etzio…..typo :(. I chose it after Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, the most bad***** assassin out there. His leap of faith into a haystack, is like my leap of faith in med school applications and in life.

Haystacks: capable of making a 100 ft freefall look like a gentle hop into a bed of daisies. Provided you flip midair and land on your back.

A decade or so ago I got my first internets, and warily signed up to the official SimCity4 website as "simcity4crazyguy"...I was young, don't judge.

Signed up the same at Simtropolis, pretty soon people started calling me sc4cg for abbreviation. Then I joined the official sims 2 site, but didn't know what to call myself so my brother suggested "simcity4sims2crazyguy". According to the default settings, my user was too long (or maybe I just thought it was ridiculous), so I abbreviated it to sc4s2cg. Then it just got stuck after I joined various other forums and websites.

So there you go.