What drug is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find the answer to this question but as of right now, I still have not found it.

What drug binds to the Epsilon (E) chain of T lymphocyte Antigen Receptor Complex?

I thought OKT3 monoclonal Antibody, but after I looked it up, that answer is wrong....

Hopefully, someone can help me out with this!!! I'd appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Peeshee said:
I have been trying to find the answer to this question but as of right now, I still have not found it.

What drug binds to the Epsilon (E) chain of T lymphocyte Antigen Receptor Complex?

I thought OKT3 monoclonal Antibody, but after I looked it up, that answer is wrong....

Hopefully, someone can help me out with this!!! I'd appreciate it!

Ask the drug experts in the PharmD forum. There has got to be a P4 student there that knows.

Hope you find your answer.

I really believe the answer is muromonab-CD3 (aka Orthoclone OKT3, which is the trade name of the drug). I know of no other monoclonal antibody on the market with this exact mechanism of action. I think your book might be wrong. What does it list as the answer?

Members don't see this ad :)
This qu. is not from a book. It is from an exam I took ( I dont want to say from where as to give away the qu. to those who havent taken this exam yet!).
Anyway, I chose OKT3 monoclonal Ab as the answer, but when I looked up it later, it says this in Basic and Clinical Pharm.,8th edition, by Katzung:
"....murine monoclonal antiboday directed against CD3 molecule on surface of human thymocytes and mature T cells...can also be useful in treatment of transplant rejection.....kills cytotoxic human T cells and generation of other T cell functions...."

Maybe, I am reading too much into it and maybe, that means the same thing......

what do you guys think?
thanks so much for your responses!

Wait, do you know the answer or are you still looking?
my guess is ALG or ATG?

:rolleyes: Just found it in Harrisons (great book). The "epsilon chain" of the T-cell is within the CD3 complex. So I'm even more convinced that MRBPharmD is right.

Non-Trad DO said:
:oops: Perhaps I should say the CD3 antigen complex of the T-cell has an epsilon chain in it.

GREAT!

Thanks for checking on that!

Peeshee said:
This qu. is not from a book. It is from an exam I took ( I dont want to say from where as to give away the qu. to those who havent taken this exam yet!).
Anyway, I chose OKT3 monoclonal Ab as the answer, but when I looked up it later, it says this in Basic and Clinical Pharm.,8th edition, by Katzung:
"....murine monoclonal antiboday directed against CD3 molecule on surface of human thymocytes and mature T cells...can also be useful in treatment of transplant rejection.....kills cytotoxic human T cells and generation of other T cell functions...."

Maybe, I am reading too much into it and maybe, that means the same thing......

what do you guys think?
thanks so much for your responses!

My response is who gives a rat's ass. I mean you are acting like this one question will make you or break you. Jeezzzee. WHo cares what the right answer is, I am sure you will find out once they give the test back. You are acting like your whole future is riding on this one question being right. Honestly who gives a rats ass what binds to the epsilon T-cell gamma chain, or whatever the q said. I don't think any of your pts will be hurt by you missing that question. Plus I am sure 95% of doctors, except those who might be in that field would actually know the answer to this q. Craaazy!

tupac_don said:
My response is who gives a rat's ass. I mean you are acting like this one question will make you or break you. Jeezzzee. WHo cares what the right answer is, I am sure you will find out once they give the test back. You are acting like your whole future is riding on this one question being right. Honestly who gives a rats ass what binds to the epsilon T-cell gamma chain, or whatever the q said. I don't think any of your pts will be hurt by you missing that question. Plus I am sure 95% of doctors, except those who might be in that field would actually know the answer to this q. Craaazy!

God forbid someone actually wants to know the answer to a question that someone thought was important enough to ask. Sounds like what you meant to say is "I dont care"...perhaps you should have limited it to that.