Step II what elective rotations are most helpful for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fatwalletuab

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please help me as I'm trying to decide on what electives I want to take in preparing for my Step 2. Ambulatory 2 weeks or Neurology 4 weeks? let me know thanks!
 
Do you mean doing an elective that is relevant to Step 2 material, or do you mean doing an elective that's slack and allows you time to study?

I would say critical care (where you're looking at lots of x-rays and managing trauma) or pediatrics would be of huge help elective-wise. Although obgyn is also really important, I'd imagine an elective would just be a lot of procedure watching and of lesser value.