What else should I be doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted812153

Sending out app as soon as MCAT received on July 6th.
All LORs complete.
Transcripts sent and received, not verified yet.
Smooshing in volunteer hours.
Have preliminary school list.

edit: working on PS

I'm just kind of home, twiddling my thumbs... What else should I be doing to increase my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your personal statement complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sending out app as soon as MCAT received on July 6th.
All LORs complete.
Transcripts sent and received, not verified yet.
Smooshing in volunteer hours.
Have preliminary school list.

edit: working on PS

I'm just kind of home, twiddling my thumbs... What else should I be doing to increase my chances?

http://www.colorado.edu/advising/sites/default/files/attached-files/Med_100 intquest.pdf

It's never too early to start thinking about what kind of cookie you would be

"I would be a fortune cookie: I'm pretty and sweet, but I should never be trusted."

Am I ready for interview season?

Yes and you're also ready to be on a 70's style dating show. You'd kill it.

Reactions: 1 user
Have a real answer for the "why osteopathic medicine" and "what is a DO" questions that you'll undoubtedly get during your interviews. I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard something along the lines of... "DO's are more holistic and treat the whole patient." I was a student interviewer and had several interviews with MD's at my school that rolled their eyes when students told them DO's were more holistic in their care than them.

Yes and you're also ready to be on a 70's style dating show. You'd kill it.

70s-style dating show, medical school admissions interview... From my understanding, there's hardly a difference, really.

Keep working on making america great again. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
About prewriting: I'm applying to 25 schools. Is it common practice to write 25 essays, of which I'm unsure I'll even be asked to send?

About prewriting: I'm applying to 25 schools. Is it common practice to write 25 essays, of which I'm unsure I'll even be asked to send?

Are you really thinking about writing 25 completely distinct essays? Just write one core essay and write a unique paragraph for each school you feel like you have something worth writing about unique to the school. Also at least wait until you know what they ask you to write about.

Huh. I thought each secondary was a unique-ish question, like college app essays. Huge boon if that wasn't the case.

Once you get a few secondary applications you'll notice they all ask the same things. I'd just wait until you receive a secondary and then just modify your answers from that one for other secondaries.

Work out & enjoy the summer?

And the questions are super repetitive

Why DO is a common one